Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    When corporate profits are breaking records by selling less product, it's weird that anyone would make excuses for them. They are taking advantage of an already $hitty situation.
    They are making record profits by selling more tires than they ever have. Not to mention a reduced overhead because of a lack of production staff. I am not making excuses I am giving facts. If you spent any amount of time talking to a distributor or even someone from corporate you might see how stressed out these folks are about the current situation. No one is happy about it or "taking advantage of it".

Yes, I still don't know why anyone thinks Hoosier or any goods manufacturer is withholding inventory.

Instead of thinking and being reasonable people these days think they have to have what they want,when they want it and exactly how they want it…….

And when people don’t get it that way they think they are so important that they blame everyone and everything up to and including hiding inventory to create false demand and higher prices for them.

I wish all those people would just go back to sleep.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
    ..... but Hoosier is too big to fail.....
    Which is what Toys R Us, Ringling Bros., Sports Authority, Compaq, Blockbuster, etc. probably thought.

It just completely blows my mind that we have a tire shortage, and most series are still only allowing one brand. I'm glad that a couple of my local tracks have seen the light and opened up the options.

I know allowing AR's would not fix the issue, but I don't know how they couldn't help a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    They are making record profits by selling more tires than they ever have. Not to mention a reduced overhead because of a lack of production staff. I am not making excuses I am giving facts. If you spent any amount of time talking to a distributor or even someone from corporate you might see how stressed out these folks are about the current situation. No one is happy about it or "taking advantage of it".
    And that's a fact!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    And that's a fact!!
    Thats a FACT well taken ! !

Staffing has become a huge problem in this country. I know the guy that has a local HVAC business. He was offering a 5000.00 sign on bonus, yes you had to be there for at least 6 months before you rec'd it. It is now his busy time of the year, he has gone back on the road to keep up with demand. He hired a phone service to take his calls. That same service after a full week told him they could no longer take calls because people won't show up for work. So, I can't imagine the struggles Hoosier is going through to find workers. Keep giving out those stimulus checks, the country's being wrecked because of it. We donated ours to a friend that was and is trying to keep her restaurant open.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Staffing has become a huge problem in this country. I know the guy that has a local HVAC business. He was offering a 5000.00 sign on bonus, yes you had to be there for at least 6 months before you rec'd it. It is now his busy time of the year, he has gone back on the road to keep up with demand. He hired a phone service to take his calls. That same service after a full week told him they could no longer take calls because people won't show up for work. So, I can't imagine the struggles Hoosier is going through to find workers. Keep giving out those stimulus checks, the country's being wrecked because of it. We donated ours to a friend that was and is trying to keep her restaurant open.
    Stimulus checks have nothing to do with it. Workers are fed up busting their asses for low pay and (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty benefits and have figured out there are many other ways to make money that gives them more freedom in their everyday lives. Then add in all the people that elected to retire early, you get staffing shortages.

Over the last 3ish years I've seen this first hand with many of my clients.
    Last edited by cjsracing; 04-08-2022 at 08:58 AM.

We didn't have a staffing problem 2 yrs ago. The economy was doing well and corporations were not ruling america. Unemployment numbers were at a all time low. I had 70 employee's start I started at 15.00 an hr. My federal government and state government decided you no longer needed a reason to file for unemployment for 86 weeks. 21 of those 70, once the word was out that you could walk away from your job in my home state, didn't show up for work Monday morning. Every oil company currently is recording record profits. Why the heck not, America has depleted 40% of there reserves because this worst head of office is releasing a billion gallons a day. Why not send all Americans a check and say we want you to sit at home for 1 week. Do not drive your car, and then let's see what the oil companies do. F*ck no, we can't do that to corp. America can we.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    It just completely blows my mind that we have a tire shortage, and most series are still only allowing one brand. I'm glad that a couple of my local tracks have seen the light and opened up the options.

I know allowing AR's would not fix the issue, but I don't know how they couldn't help a little bit
    DoD had a good read with Shwalz about the tire situation. I was looking for the words American Racers throughout but it never appeared. Go figure.
    8/13/16

I know alot of people quit their jobs and now this is what has happened because we did not have enough kids to replace them. Also my MOM and DAD both retired in 2020. Dad was 66 and draws 2200 a month SSI and 1000 a month pension and MOM quit and after 1 year draws SSI Disability and gets 1800 a month. They dont have to file taxes ever again even though they have close to 7 figures saved. when DAD Passes mom gets his pension plus survivors benefits GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Take a moment to understand that most businesses/companies do t have enough employees to produce, ship, install, etc product. There are shortages everywhere, which leads to materials and goods costing more. Our unemployment rate is LOW, around 3%. People are not sitting on the sidelines collecting unemployment. We simply don’t have enough bodies….

From a February article I found….
    We hear every day from our member companies—of every size and industry, across nearly every state—they’re facing unprecedented challenges trying to find enough workers to fill open jobs. Right now, the latest data shows that we have 11.3 million job openings in the U.S.—but only 6 million unemployed workers.
    We have a lot of jobs, but not enough workers to fill them. If every unemployed person in the country found a job, we would still have 5.3 million open jobs.

Who do they know that they never have to file tax returns.

They were with Bruce Willis and Bushemi when they landed on the asteroid and saved us all from sure death. Remember?
    8/13/16

Another one that drinks the Kool aid. I just had lunch today with a friend that's a Lowe's manager. The are now hiring people that are over 60, or retired. Why ? Never mind, I'm sure you have some logical reasonning. Great race at the speed palace today.

Another one that drinks the Kool aid. I just had lunch today with a friend that's a Lowe's manager. The are now hiring people that are over 60, or retired. Why ? Never mind, I'm sure you have some logical reasonning. Great race at the speed palace today.
    Litey? Are you in there somewhere?

Just going by what latemodelman said in his post they would not have to file taxes because:

$1000/month pension = $12000/year.

Because that amount is less than the amount they receive from social security the social security wouldn't be taxable income (social security is only taxable if your income from sources other than social security is greater than the social security received).

$12000/year pension payments is less than the married filing jointly standard deduction so no tax would be owed on the $12000, thus you are not required to file a tax return.

If the 7 figures they have saved is in a savings account the interest rate most likely is pretty low so that won't put them over the filing limit either.

So is there a shortage in materials to make the tires, shortage of workers, increased demand for product that is used by a declining sport, or all of the above? I'm having a hard time following along with all the excuses. Hoosier is making record profits while enduring supply shortages. If all the excuses are true, why charge more if you're already making a good profit? I'm afraid the answer is: because they can.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    So is there a shortage in materials to make the tires, shortage of workers, increased demand for product that is used by a declining sport, or all of the above? I'm having a hard time following along with all the excuses. Hoosier is making record profits while enduring supply shortages. If all the excuses are true, why charge more if you're already making a good profit? I'm afraid the answer is: because they can.
    I believe this to be 100% fact