Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Also. As a weekly racer, I'm not racing anywhere this season that doesn't allow a.r. tires. I'm not spending nearly 100 dollars a tire more. Especially with gas and diesel fuel prices where they are. My number 1 track is senoia but with them not allowing Hoosiers. It doesn't make sense to go, when I live 5 miles from eams and they allow them.

This inflation is what 81 million people voted in favor of. Supposedly.

Punisher that is the way it is leaning for the near future. We (the series involved in the universal rules meeting at PRI) pressed them for a 3 compound NATIONAL tire rule. And I believe that they are on board with doing that.

im not a fan of hoosier at all. theyre a monopoly that makes some not so great products that being said all of the consumables in racing have skyrocketed, sheet metal has literally doubled 60-120 a sheet, fuel is 20-30ish% im a dealer, $5 diesel. its not sustainable

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Punisher that is the way it is leaning for the near future. We (the series involved in the universal rules meeting at PRI) pressed them for a 3 compound NATIONAL tire rule. And I believe that they are on board with doing that.
    It's sure going to hurt when a guy has a bunch of good used tires, but they don't have the right numbers on the side.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    you "go brandon" pieces of (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) sure are dumb

The last Hoosier right rear for a full size sprint car I bought in 2009 was $230 at the truck at a world of outlaw race. No telling what it is now. And the WHEELS too, my goodness. If you get into the wall and bend up a RR beadlock and rip a tire that's about a $1,000 hickey!

Also, completely unrelated (although maybe not considering it's "going down the drain"), I went to wal-mart yesterday and bought an 80 oz great value brand (Drano knock-off) bottle of drain cleaner. Last one I bought probably 6-8 months ago was $1.82 a jug. $5.52 yesterday.

I just read somewhere that the WoO will be issuing 4 Hoosier tires that they must run until late summer when then they will be issued another 4 for the remainder of the year.
    8/13/16

As long as half the country believes this is anything but corporate greed this will continue. 2021 was a record year for corporate profits, so they are going to keep it up as long as they can get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I just read somewhere that the WoO will be issuing 4 Hoosier tires that they must run until late summer when then they will be issued another 4 for the remainder of the year.
    That was an April Fools
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    That was an April Fools
    No, ya think?🙄
    8/13/16

No, ya think?
    You forgot to use the sarcasm font and everyone else was being serious. My bad for adding clarity.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I heard tell of that ! They are going to use 10 ply sidewalls and a formula based on a top of the line Michelon truck tire for longeviity / durability ...

Quote Originally Posted by jerky View Post
    as long as half the country believes this is anything but corporate greed this will continue. 2021 was a record year for corporate profits, so they are going to keep it up as long as they can get away with it.
    exactly!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    I guess the dead ones could care less about Sleepy Joes disaster of our economy..........!

I got an email from upper management today that Bridgestone and Continental were taking a 12% to 14% price increase May 1st. Continental owns General, who owns Hoosier. Don't expect them to go down any at all this year. These prices may never go down...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It's sure going to hurt when a guy has a bunch of good used tires, but they don't have the right numbers on the side.
    I am sure there will be a burn off period. Not to mention if anyone has any good used tires left after the year we are about to have, then they haven't been racing or looking to get rid of them.

And I still don't know why anyone thinks Hoosier or any goods manufacturer is withholding inventory. Indeed they are making record profits which would also markedly increase if they could fulfill the market demand.

I am sure there will be a burn off period. Not to mention if anyone has any good used tires left after the year we are about to have, then they haven't been racing or looking to get rid of them.

And I still don't know why anyone thinks Hoosier or any goods manufacturer is withholding inventory. Indeed they are making record profits which would also markedly increase if they could fulfill the market demand.
    The year we don't start the season with a decent used inventory is probably our last one. There are people that try to make the operational costs make sense.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

When corporate profits are breaking records by selling less product, it's weird that anyone would make excuses for them. They are taking advantage of an already $hitty situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    When corporate profits are breaking records by selling less product, it's weird that anyone would make excuses for them. They are taking advantage of an already $hitty situation.
    I've never seen a company bought out and the new owners didn't work to improve margins. We've seen small pieces of evidence of that the last 2 years. We are going to see a huge business reset really soon.

Continental saw plenty of places to improve margins aside from price, but that's going to be part of it

1) way too many different tires that were basically the same. The Lucas tires disappeared almost immediately.

2) too many compounds

3) guys in a big race who paid $160, $100, $30, $0 for the same tires. Plenty of opportunities for improvement there.

That said, with superior economy of scale to AR, and barriers to entry by handing out little checks and hats, their tires are still more expensive.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 04-06-2022 at 08:53 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1