Default Jerico's shifter transmission

Anyone know if any racer at Bristol is using one? They told me it would be available this spring and that a top national driver was doing the testing at big tracks!

Its gonna be a little pricey at $3500, hopefully the results will make it worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Anyone know if any racer at Bristol is using one? They told me it would be available this spring and that a top national driver was doing the testing at big tracks!

Its gonna be a little pricey at $3500, hopefully the results will make it worth it!
    Racers,take a close look at this unit,like the others it's a copy of the original BERT transmission!
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

Jericho's stuff has always been good and not cheap. Like everything all the internal clutch trannies have gone up in price this year. Just ordered a couple of parts to fix a hurt Brinn, input shaft, output shaft and clutch pack. It cost me about what I used to spend on a 10 year supply of Saginaws. Might be a tough market to get into.

Quote Originally Posted by lazermod3 View Post
    Racers,take a close look at this unit,like the others it's a copy of the original BERT transmission!
    Not this piece........you will actually shift this transmission just like a passenger car! Basicaly, the same design as their asphalt stuff but only 2 forward gears and will weigh only 45 lbs!

The gen1 brinn is like 49lbs and a magnesium case is like 45ish pounds so that's not a huge if any advantage. Especially since if theirs Any where in the car that a heavier component isn't gonna greatly effect the car its in the center alot of guys wind up with lead right next to the trans. So I don't see 4-5lbs being a big selling point

Its not the weight, its the shifting benefit!

Jerico said some national drivers thought a shifter trans on some of the bigger tracks would be an advantage on restarts!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Its not the weight, its the shifting benefit!

Jerico said some national drivers thought a shifter trans on some of the bigger tracks would be an advantage on restarts!
    It would be a huge advantage in crates. Much bigger advantage than a chariot axle on the front. I wonder if this was submitted to Kenneda and Francis and approved?

They just cost every crate guy $3500.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

You mean I got to get my straight axle with transverse leaf spring approved? Oh well, back on the jig she goes! lol

Zero, Not sure that it is a useable shifter trannie as it has internal carbon fiber clutches and weighs almost the exact same as a aluminum Brinn. From the scant info I can find it sounds like the Brinn, Bert, Falcon where low and reverse are just for putting around the pits.

I could very well be wrong but at $3,500 it would have be vastly superior to take much biz away from those 3.

No, its not that one. The one youre referring to is the replacement for those. Its now the imca legal tranny.

This one is all new and is made to shift on restarts. Talked to them myself about it!

I have a doug nash 2 speed with a quick change made on to the back that you could shift , still have it , the advantage to it was you could also change the ratio,s between 1st and 2nd , you could start the race in low and as the track dried out , you could shift to high and take gear away to help hook it up , we won a lot of 50 to 100 lap races back in the late 90,s and early 2000,s with this trans ....

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    I have a doug nash 2 speed with a quick change made on to the back that you could shift , still have it , the advantage to it was you could also change the ratio,s between 1st and 2nd , you could start the race in low and as the track dried out , you could shift to high and take gear away to help hook it up , we won a lot of 50 to 100 lap races back in the late 90,s and early 2000,s with this trans ....
    Thats exactly why I called Jerico a few months ago. I knew they made clutchless trannys for asphalt cars and was inquiring about those. Then their rep told me about this new shifter trans for dirt cars and was told they will be available this spring! Since we are putting a car together now and need a trans, we are going to buy one of these and give it atry!