Default Rough track help

Having trouble racing on a track that develops a few ruts . Potentially a combo of driver and car issues. What are some go to adjustments people do to help on a tacky to semi slick track with ruts.

I've always done well on rough tracks, and I don't know why. Maybe the meathead in me...but from a driver standpoint, I've learned that staying in the throttle through the bumps/ruts is often the way to be better than your competition (it keeps everything loaded up), unless you reach the point of the tires actually coming off the ground, in which case I would change lines to avoid the rough areas. Shock rebound might be an area to look at as well. Too much rebound can jack the car down and possibly result in what I mentioned above.

TheJet thanks for the reply. Yeah we also have the same problem. Fastest line is the one with ruts. So got to get it better. I see what your saying about rr rebound and will look into that.. another question . Is there an issue if the rr climbs off the spring on throttle and if so any tips on a remedy. Thanks

No, there are plenty of under-car videos out there which show the RR lifting enough to disengage the spring.

What do your cars weigh? Just curious...I was thinking about it, with what little sprint cars weigh, then putting those same tires on a car that's probably twice as heavy.
    Last edited by TheJet-09; 04-03-2022 at 08:44 AM.

Take some traction out, loosen car if track has extreme grip. When hit rough and brain says lift, give more throttle

If the car is off the spring at any point its more subject to be upset by a rut. Also if bar angles are excessive or near max. Anything that makes the car ridged is gonna cause trouble when the track is rough.