Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who’s your first quarter Driver of the Year?

Candidates:

BShepp has the most special event wins, with 6. But four of those paid under 10K, with no win higher than 12K.

Overton has the second most, with 5. All five paid 10K+, but nothing higher than 15K.

Devin Moran has only 3 wins, but all paid 10K+, and he had a crazy amount of runner up finishes and other top runs in FL/GA Speedweeks. He was the #1 driver in the country before the sport headed north and surely continues to lead in best average finish.

Chris Madden won one Speedweeks race at Volusia (10K), another 10K at Cherokee’s SAS show, and then made Bristol his own personal playground, winning not just one 50K show, but two of the available four big money shows.

Madden wasn’t in the hunt for Driver of the Year when everyone headed north after Speedweeks. But he has to be leading the pack as we head to the second quarter.

Moran be my pick so far. Nothing against Madden and congrats to him but him winning at Cherokee is about like him shooting fish in a barrel he was suppose to win that one. The Bristol races made him a lot of money but they ain’t your typical dirt track events BUT they was his playground just not my cup of tea.

All the big boys were at Cherokee including JD, Fergy, Marlar and Overton. B Shepp has better numbers but I will pick Smokey Madden so far.

BShepp.........

Max Blair, first year on the road and he beat them all for 20k. Watch this kid.

as consistent as moran was at speedweeks, id still have to go with moran. a month from now will shake some out

Moran, BSchepp, Madden, McDowell (Been strong when raced), Overton

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Max Blair, first year on the road and he beat them all for 20k. Watch this kid.
    Yep! This kid has talent.

I'd say max Blair he's been racing for a while but not full time on a national tour and I expect that no later than the middle of June their will be a few drivers that won't still be on a national tour but I think max Blair will be and I also think Blair will definitely will win the rookie of the year

$$$ talks. Got to be ole Smokey.
    8/13/16

Based solely on trophy’s.

Madden has $120,000 in race wins, and another $100,000 in XR series change. So he’s at $220,000 for the year, in only three months — before some drivers have even started their seasons. Not a bad start.

I’m not on the Max bus yet, but I’m considering buying a boarding pass.

It has to be Madden for me and looking at his upcoming schedule for April, most of the tracks listed are in his wheelhouse. Will he finally get a biggie at Eldora? Going to be an interesting year.

I do think that these drivers will pull off the woo series by the first of June
    Gordy Gundaker
    Kyle Hammer
    Gary Dillon

Default up and comer

17-year-old Sam Mars can run with the best Wissota has to offer.
    Last edited by Mud; 04-04-2022 at 09:32 AM.

As far as results go I'm going with Madden so far.

As far as showing overall improvement and better performance, I'll go with Moran. Kid has really impressed me so far this year.

Any of ya'll know what drivers are running for lucus oil latemodel dirt series rookie of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    I do think that these drivers will pull off the woo series by the first of June
    Gordy Gundaker
    Kyle Hammer
    Gary Dillon
    I thought Kyle had some promising results. Gordy not so much. If you're right, I bet they run SN's with much improved results. Just having more races under their belts will make them that much better.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I thought Kyle had some promising results. Gordy not so much. If you're right, I bet they run SN's with much improved results. Just having more races under their belts will make them that much better.

Yeah I agree I'm pretty sure if they actually pull off of woo they will probably run the summer nationals

Based solely on trophy’s.

Madden has $120,000 in race wins, and another $100,000 in XR series change. So he’s at $220,000 for the year, in only three months — before some drivers have even started their seasons. Not a bad start.

$227,900 at Bristol only!

So far my no. 1!