Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Wheels View Post
    Federal infrastructure money should not be thrown into this ultimate failure. We already seen what a failure dirt divisions at Bristol is. Bristol also highly failed at their asphalt Short Track Nationals.

Bridges are falling apart as we speak. This is a private business venture. But the government is corrupt and designed to feed money back to the wealthy. This seems like a huge scam to get federal money.
    Are you under the assumption they are spending this money on turning it into a dirt track? If so, that's not the case. They are going to run a dirt race after they tear up the asphalt that is already there and then lay new asphalt down for next year's racing. I believe this is a one-and-done situation.

The idea behind the money is to generate mo' money with tourism/taxation. The novelty of a reborn NW, even if only for a few short years, will probably pay for itself in that time.

Their PR says this:

“Speedway Motorsports is working with Wilkes County and North Carolina state officials to utilize an $18 million American Rescue Plan budget allocation earmarked for infrastructure improvements at the nearly 75-year-old facility.”

I consider infrastructure roads, utilities etc necessary for all citizens. Not an entertainment venue for a few. These are not funds earmarked for tourism the way the PR reads.

It pi$$es me off that roads are crumbling and that much money is going to this pipe dream of a private business. But like I said. The govt is designed to feed money to the wealthy and this is a good example.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Wheels View Post
    Federal infrastructure money should not be thrown into this ultimate failure. We already seen what a failure dirt divisions at Bristol is. Bristol also highly failed at their asphalt Short Track Nationals.

Bridges are falling apart as we speak. This is a private business venture. But the government is corrupt and designed to feed money back to the wealthy. This seems like a huge scam to get federal money.
    as long as my tax money is getting sent to ukraine and pakistan gender studies and other useless foreign aide, then im fine with some being wasted on race tracks

That's how it works though. The state of NC isn't doing it simply because they're race fans like us. If that were the case, no way in hell would they be getting that kind of money. They are spending money to make money which in turn will benefit the local market.

I haven't been to Wilkesboro since 1989 but if you're familiar with the area, would you say things have gone downhill since the closure of the race track? I'm pretty sure that back then, and even now probably, the race track is the biggest thing going for it. The local government will benefit immensely from this. If that money isn't distributed properly, it's a problem with them and not the state of NC.

I can hear Junior firing up the still as we speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    I can hear Junior firing up the still as we speak!!!
    His own recipe or something from old POPCORN SUTTON ? ?

Popcorn aint got nothin on JJ!

You do have parks and camping, hiking, biking, boating near by. Lake is only a few exits down the highway. Tourism

so as of today there are no lights for the track, will they be using temporary lighting for the dirt races or will it be a daytime dustbowl situation?
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Tickets went on sale today for all events

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    That would be the day I would buy advance tickets for any of there races, you never know when they might fold up.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Yet we don't know much about the racing, sanctioning bodies, etc. I understand the dirt supers are SR events, but what about the others? I can't imagine buying tickets before I know details, but that's just me, I guess.

Yes I agree. There should be more info about each race.

Personally I'd never buy tickets in advance for a dirt race. To many variables involved. Mainly weather. I would rather pay the extra $5.00 than deal with the headache of a cancelation.
    I know they were pushing hard for advance tickets to the upcoming event at the Spoon. Hope they sold a bunch but if it rains in Illinois, it's raining in Fulton CO. Love the track but have been the course there too many times. ⛈ 🌩 ⚡
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    I think they could announce $50k to win Super late model race with free admission for the fans along with $1 hotdogs, $1 hamburgers and .50 can drinks and some would complain that the food was not free.
    I agree. This is about more than just a dirt race. They will reopen a place that will provide jobs to the local community, rebuilt infrastructure, improved utilities and draw other businesses to build nearby. As racers, we focus on what we like in a track or series and could care less about anything else.

Dirt late models are not the only cars that will race there this year. With all the different classes running, between people in the stands and those streaming, there is money to be made that will make it's way into hundreds of races pockets

Give everyone involved credit for creating something other than a dirt race.

North Wilkesboro Speedway

Pavement Races in August.

Asphalt will be removed before the dirt races.

Dirt Races in October

Track repaved in 2023

Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 04-20-2022 at 01:48 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by ftfiowa View Post
    so as of today there are no lights for the track, will they be using temporary lighting for the dirt races or will it be a daytime dustbowl situation?
    Good question. One never knows when it comes to racing in October.

Wish I saved or reposted, but a few days ago on FB or Twitter on the topic, there was concern about lights. Someone with RaceXR in their profile posted there will be temporary lights for October, and possibly August. I can't find the tweet or post now, and can't remember who started it.