Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

1 million dollar race at bristol!

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky44 View Post
    1 million dollar race at bristol!
    And the racing would still $ uck.

I’ve always thought dirt on wilksboro would be good…the layout just looks like it would lend itself to a good big dirt track.

Not many of those out there IMO.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I just cannot see a large car count at North Wilkesboro. There aren’t many late models in the Carolinas to begin with and I really wonder how many fans would go to see a dirt race there. I would be more intrigued if they opened a new track and hosted large events or opened a popular track that has been closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    There is going to be a Revival at Red Hill Raceway....coincidence?
    No coincidence. The guy that bought Red Hill Raceway owns the Wayne County Speedway near Wayne City, IL
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Dover, Delaware ; to see if it would still be a 1 lane track with dirt on it !

Default Hawkeye Downs in Cedar Rapids Iowa - Recall the Falstaff 100 & Miller 100 days

This track should have never been paved over & it'd be great to cover it with dirt & make it once again a destination on the map. Quite a bit of history when you peel it back.

I might make a trek back to Hawkeye Downs if they fixed the place (put dirt back on it). Lucky enough to have gotten to run it before it was paved (then ran the dirt cars on it when they did); only thing is hopefully they can get dirt with less rocks -tore my hands up (didn't wear gloves at the time)...

North Wilkesboro is too big, racing would suck like Bristol did!

I am starting to think it will be N Wilkesboro. The announcement is scheduled for April 16 which is the weekend the cup cars are racing on dirt at Bristol, which is also an SMI track just like Wilkesboro. This would seem fitting they announce dirt racing at Wilkesboro that weekend as well. Just a thought.

Reviving Lasalle Speedway

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Reviving Lasalle Speedway
    That would be nice for sure but I doubt since they keep claiming it is huge! I have not seen any more posts about it though so it seems they aren’t really hyping it up. Also have not see any promotion for their events next weekend at All Tech.

They changed over the Bristol Dirt Nationals fb page today to the race track revival name

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Maybe this will be the last year dirt will be put on Bristol? Wilkesboro will make it's come back as the nascar dirt race. Just a hunch. It won't race worth any better than Bristol does with late models and sprints though.

I've thought all along dirt should be put on Bristol in the later half of the year. The struggles with the weather for the spring race, hurts it in every way it can.
    ive thought from the beginning since they started the bristol deal and north wilkesboro started being rebuilt that its gonna be nascars designated dirt track, the bristol deal cant be sustainable even for nascar. It was a great asphalt track so i kinda wish it wasnt but good to not have a track sitting idle if that is the case. The smith family has to be tied into XR in some way or another, at least getting this thing off the ground

On April 16 at 3pm Speedway Motorsports is having a press conference at Bristol… I am thinking Wilkesboro once again.

The big wheels say that n wilksboro will have no Nextel cup race there. May b another nascar affiliated series and also not going to be a dirt track.

All these folks want NW to make a comeback. But if it ain't a cup race, the fans won't come. Proved that some years back at a SLM race that payed $75,000 to win, and more cars showed up than fans. I would love to see racing there, but don't see it as a feasible endeavor.

Just listened to this weeks Dale Jr Download. North Wilkesboro was brought up and Dale said "Ya'll might wanna keep your ear to the ground on some North Wilkesboro news coming"

Dirt on a track in moonshine country……….what could be much better than that?

I’m hoping it’s true for the ole girl to make her comeback dressed in dirt.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The twitter and FB page for North Wilkesboro have confirmed an announcement is forthcoming on Saturday