Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default XR April 16 Race Track Revival Announcement

Anyone have any idea what XR’s announcement is on April 16? They have posted on their FB page about a race track revival and it being their biggest project to date. Barry Braun also posted a picture of Bowman Gray at one point. Wonder if they will put dirt on that place???

I don't think there is any chance of Bowman Gray going dirt, and wouldn't want it to besides. They have a unique thing already (and pack the place out)...

That would be a terrible idea IMO. That place isn't about the races it puts on, it's about the drama it creates.

Yes but saw it on Twitter that in 2023 BGS will be hosting trucks, infinity and Nextel cup on dirt. I tried to find post again but couldn't find it. Idk if may be it was April fool's post or not.

Don't get my post confused w the other SLIDING SIDEWAYS. just compare join date and # of posts
    Last edited by SLIDING SIDEWAYS; 04-04-2022 at 11:45 AM.

BGS only holds 17,000 and the front X amount of rows wouldn't be able to be used if it was covered in dirt. I dont see NASCAR doing anything there either just with the low capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    BGS only holds 17,000 and the front X amount of rows wouldn't be able to be used if it was covered in dirt. I dont see NASCAR doing anything there either just with the low capacity.
    That's kinda what I thought. plus there's limited space for haulers.

I don’t think it had anything to do with NASCAR being at Bowman Gray. Someone mentioned maybe throwing dirt on North Wilkesboro but that would seem like a waste to me. I was hoping XR would get in on the Speedweeks game and find a good replacement for East Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Yes but saw it on Twitter that in 2023 BGS will be hosting trucks, infinity and Nextel cup on dirt. I tried to find post again but couldn't find it. Idk if may be it was April fool's post or not.

Don't get my post confused w the other SLIDING SIDEWAYS. just compare join date and # of posts
    Yeah, that was an April Fools Day joke, a day early at that.

North Wilkesboro makes sense since the Smith family and XR have a working relationship.

North Wilkesboro makes sense since the Smith family and XR have a working relationship.
    Do you know for sure they have a working relationship?

Do you know for sure they have a working relationship? I have not seen anything but it does make sense since they go to all of the dirt tracks at Texas, Vegas, and Charlotte

Paved track Late Model deal

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Which one?

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    Yeah, that was an April Fools Day joke, a day early at that.
    Ok well the got me on that one hook line and sinker 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Possible........they used to put on a good show at Volusia back in the day!

side note......I saw Purvis come from the back and win one night! I instantly became a Purvis fan!

I sure hope it is not Dirt late models on an asphalt track. That would be a disappoint

I'll have to admit I really fell for that one sure enough

When Ted Johnson ventured into taking the woo sprints on asphalt that ended poorly. The speed the cars would be going and concrete walls. Let's hope that's not were there going

I don't believe the current North Wilkesboro asphalt surface is in any condition to be raced on, so makes running a dirt event (before laying new asphalt) more feasible...?

Maybe this will be the last year dirt will be put on Bristol? Wilkesboro will make it's come back as the nascar dirt race. Just a hunch. It won't race worth any better than Bristol does with late models and sprints though.

I've thought all along dirt should be put on Bristol in the later half of the year. The struggles with the weather for the spring race, hurts it in every way it can.