Default Bristol fan attendance!

Barry Braun (XR) on FB today!

The internet racing community wants to over-think and over-analyze the crowd at the 2022 Bristol Dirt Nationals. Here is your answer: It was 20-30 degrees every race night we had the grandstands open. Most promoters would have canceled. Thanks to the 10,000+ in the grandstands, pits, infield, and suites. You are all fantastic people.
    Keep it positive. See you at the track when it is warmer.

10,000 ? Horsesh*t

I was there, Friday night the crowd was light. Saturday much better but I’d say nowhere near 10k. It’s hard to guess with as big and spread out as that place is but I’d say 4,000 Saturday.

I believe he's saying 10k total. Grandstand,pits,infield&suites.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Barry Braun (XR) on FB today!

The internet racing community wants to over-think and over-analyze the crowd at the 2022 Bristol Dirt Nationals. Here is your answer: It was 20-30 degrees every race night we had the grandstands open. Most promoters would have canceled. Thanks to the 10,000+ in the grandstands, pits, infield, and suites. You are all fantastic people.
    Keep it positive. See you at the track when it is warmer.
    I give him props for staying positive. If the promoter pays the purse and is ok with the end result, that's a good thing!

Totally agree with that…..the vibe he gives off is positive, pretty cool really.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

If the avg fan spent $150, thats 1.5 mil! Theres the 900k purse money!

When this deal was first announced everybody thought it was going to be fantastic and couldn't wait to get there bristol tickets. The cars weren't off the track last year and there announcing we will be doing it again in 2022. Yea I know the economy is terrible currently, but, with the money that was offered the place should have had 50+ cars and fans in the seats. Will Eldora have car count or fan issues ? I only use the big E as the comparison. Everyone of you in whatever part of the country you are in can name a show that will put that display of no cars and no fans in disbelief. I'll make 2 lucas shows this year, Lernerville and Port Royal. The car counts will be 40 to 45 guessing, and the racing will be far better. Hodkiss, posted on twitter 825.00 for pit passes and entry fee's. The flash of follow the leader racing at Bristol is over.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    When this deal was first announced everybody thought it was going to be fantastic and couldn't wait to get there bristol tickets. The cars weren't off the track last year and there announcing we will be doing it again in 2022. Yea I know the economy is terrible currently, but, with the money that was offered the place should have had 50+ cars and fans in the seats. Will Eldora have car count or fan issues ? I only use the big E as the comparison. Everyone of you in whatever part of the country you are in can name a show that will put that display of no cars and no fans in disbelief. I'll make 2 lucas shows this year, Lernerville and Port Royal. The car counts will be 40 to 45 guessing, and the racing will be far better. Hodkiss, posted on twitter 825.00 for pit passes and entry fee's. The flash of follow the leader racing at Bristol is over.
    I totally understand your point, I just think it's nice to see a promoter being positive instead of discouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    If the avg fan spent $150, thats 1.5 mil! Theres the 900k purse money!
    Plus 20,000+ subscribers (probably conservative estimate) at $40 each equals another $800,000

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Show me the money didn't work in Bristol Just because, you have a big purse doesn't always equate to more cars or fans. Bristol just proved it.

This is marketed as a streaming event and I’m guessing was not promoted in Bristol or surrounding areas. Cold weather and cost as well. Kenny Wallace can think whatever the heck he wants but this event was never about filling seats in the stands. I don’t see dirt tracks taking out seats and then calling races sell outs.

So why would anyone pay $40 to watch that garbage on TV? After the first weekend was a total flop you would have to be in a fog to sign up the next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    So why would anyone pay $40 to watch that garbage on TV? After the first weekend was a total flop you would have to be in a fog to sign up the next weekend.
    Call me foggy then!........The supers wasnt that great but the support classes was outstanding! So, I got to watch 8-10 nights of racing for $40......heckuva deal for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Delinquent View Post
    Because its dirt racing in early April maybe ?
    I think that you are on to something there ?

You can't make a race track something it's not its hard to put dirt on a track like this and make it work I've been to a lot of races that dint have enough people in the stands to pay first place money much less anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Delinquent View Post
    Did you shout out "It's Bristol Baby" ?
    Or else he might have been shouting " BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY " ! !

Waldrop won Bristol 12 times 7 times in a row