Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring 50

Default Spring 50

Thought this was going to be a dud,but this is pretty good stuff. Especially for a day race.

Josh Rice took lead from Pierce about 20 laps in.
    Formerly 66#1

What a show Rice and Pierce put on!

I've got to get to Florence. That was a good race. That Rice kid gets around there very well. Rear spoiler was still intact after a good 25 plus laps up by the wall.👏
    8/13/16

Florence is a great track. The day racing was the only thing that concerned me about today,but that race delivered.
    Formerly 66#1

It's amazing how if you move the train from the bottom to the top, everyone is suddenly really happy with it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Are you starting to get critical??? hahahahhaa
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It's amazing how if you move the train from the bottom to the top, everyone is suddenly really happy with it.
    They’re sheep

I don't know about train on the top. There was passing all thru the field. Winger, and Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    I don't know about train on the top. There was passing all thru the field. Winger, and Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) especially.
    No one could race the middle to bottom. They just got a run then dive-bombed the guy ahead of them and stole that high line. But, that's how Florence races in the night time these days too.

You pass on a bottom train when a guy slips up. You pass on a top train when you get a run and throw a slider.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    No one could race the middle to bottom. They just got a run then dive-bombed the guy ahead of them and stole that high line. But, that's how Florence races in the night time these days too.

You pass on a bottom train when a guy slips up. You pass on a top train when you get a run and throw a slider.
    I get it was cool and breezy, but I can’t believe they did absolutely nothing to the track before the B main and then again before the feature if needed.

Best day race I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    Thought this was going to be a dud,but this is pretty good stuff. Especially for a day race.Josh Rice took lead from Pierce about 20 laps in.
    Any race with young Bob in there is sure to have some great action in it ! ! Some have speculated that if Rice hadn't had a brand spanking new car on under him, the outcome might have come out a little bit different ...

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Any race with young Bob in there is sure to have some great action in it ! ! Some have speculated that if Rice hadn't had a brand spanking new car on under him, the outcome might have come out a little bit different ...
    Rice can win at Florence in an old junker. I think Pierce was faster but catching him is one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Nobody out there, running up front, had something old enough it was less than 100%
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

IMO I like the old Florence speedway, where the track was black as asphalt. Really good racing it was. But who knows how these cars would have raced on it.

There is no banking left in the track, the bottom to middle is flat. It starts to have a little bank at the top.
    Every year there seems to be less banking than the year before.
    Track is high side dominate because of that.
    Also, before 4m keyboard jockeys call me a grandstand racer, I am not I Have won my fair share of races there. could've been more but I am human.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Figure 8 doesn't count lol

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    IMO I like the old Florence speedway, where the track was black as asphalt. Really good racing it was. But who knows how these cars would have raced on it.
    So do I, except no blackslick!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

great great race. Florence has many great races IMO. Josh and Bobby doesn't get any better than that

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    great great race. Florence has many great races IMO. Josh and Bobby doesn't get any better than that
    Even a FOOL that knew of or seen the event would surely wholeheartedly agree ! ! Now if we could get the 1 distraught and jealous naysayer with the mega multiple personalities that refuses to understand the BOBBYMANIA to come out and admit this ?
    Last edited by Raceready; 04-20-2022 at 01:51 AM.