Mike Marlar Tops Volunteer Speedway for $20,000 Payday
Adds 17th-Place Finish in Bristol’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Event

WINFIELD, Tenn. (04/18/22) – Mike Marlar enjoyed a successful weekend of racing in East Tennessee. He started the weekend with a $20,000 triumph on Thursday night in Super Late Model action at Volunteer Speedway, and finished things with a 17th-place finish in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Pinty’s Truck Race on Dirt at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway.

“Man, what a phenomenal weekend in both the Late Model and the Truck. So many people believe in me and come together to give me these great opportunities, and I’m just so grateful for it all,” Marlar said. “We had terrible luck in Late Model at Bristol (Motor Speedway) and had to regroup, but it all paid off with a $20,000 win on Thursday at Bulls Gap (Volunteer Speedway). Then we really had a great time with Reaume Brothers Racing in the Truck race at Bristol on Saturday. No more than I drive these Trucks, I’m tickled to death to get a 17th-place finish. That’s a win for us.

“Again, I just want to say a huge thanks to each-and-every person who supports our race team. It means the world to me.”

Competing in the inaugural event for the Kyle Larson Presents FloRacing Late Model Challenge powered by Tezos, Mike Marlar made the short trip to Volunteer Speedway (Bulls Gap, Tenn.) on Thursday afternoon to enter his Delk Equipment Sales / Tri-Rivers Enterprises No. 157 Can-Am Auto Salvage / Longhorn Chassis / Cornett Racing Engine Super Late Model into battle.

In a stout field of 42 Late Models with two NASCAR Cup Series drivers in action, Marlar laid down the third-fastest time in his group before picking up an eight-lap heat race win. Earning the pole position for the feature, Mike led flag-to-flag in the 50-lapper to capture his third win of the season and a $20,000 prize.

He took the checkers ahead of Jimmy Owens, Scott Bloomquist, Kyle Larson, and Jonathan Davenport.

Fresh off a $20,000 Super Late Model victory on Thursday, Mike Marlar traveled to Bristol Motor Speedway (Bristol, Tenn.) on Saturday to make his third NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start aboard the JDS Technologies Inc. No. 33 Reaume Brothers Racing LiftKits4Less.com / Smithbilt Homes Toyota for the second annual Pinty’s Truck Race on Dirt.

With passing points from heat races determining the starting lineup, Mike advanced three spots in his prelim to finish seventh.

Starting the JDS Technologies No. 33 in 21st for the 150-lap main event, Marlar clawed forward four spots to finish 17th.

For more information on the week’s events, please visit www.VolunteerSpeedway.com and www.NASCAR.com .

Mike Marlar will trek south this weekend for a pair of XR Super Series Super Late Model events at Florida All-Tech Raceway. Action opens with a $25,000-to-win program on Friday night followed by a $50,000-to-win slate on Saturday evening.

More information on the event can be found at www.XRSuperSeries.com .

Mike Marlar would like to thank their great marketing partners, which include Delk Equipment, Rockets Convenience Plus, Tri-Rivers Enterprises, Can-Am Auto Salvage, Auto Parts 4 Less, Mesilla Valley Transportation, Capital Signs, VP Racing Fuels, Longhorn Chassis, Stanley Best Heating & Air, Midwest Sheet Metal, Bilstein, Arizona Sport Shirts, GottaRace.com, DNA Tile & Remodeling, Bell Helmets, Hoosier Tire, K1 Race Gear, Strange Oval, Swift Springs, Winning Edge Carburetors, Allstar Performance, E-Z Lift by MLR Fabricating, XS Power, ATC Bolts & Fasteners, Wayne Bowen Racing Supply, PRO-FABrication Headers & Exhaust, Earnhardt Technologies Group, QA1 Driveshafts, PPM Racing Products, FK Rod Ends, Accu-Force Shock Dyno, Performance Bodies & Parts, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Winters Rearends, and MyRacePass Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Mike Marlar Racing please visit the team website at www.MikeMarlar.com .

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)