Thumbs up North Wilkesboro Speedway - Dirt Races in October.......... Schedule

North Wilkesboro Speedway

Pavement Races in August.

Asphalt will be removed before the dirt races.

Dirt Races in October

Track repaved in 2023

Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

I hope nobody goes and supports this race. We have plenty of tracks that have been going strong for years and to pull revenue from those tracks is disgraceful. Stop with the BS and invest in the tracks that support dirt late models year after year.

Nathan,

As far as the dirt racing side of things --- it kind’a reminds me of putting dirt on down on the old Mansfield track. Guess we’ll all see if it works with this track.

Thumbs up

lurker

Yeah but North Wilkesboro is much bigger than Mansfield. If I remember correctly NASCAR had it measured at just over .6 tenths mile. The way that track is it makes me think a dirt car would race it like you raced an old dirt car back in the 80's more strait in the corners (like Pennsboro) like a pavement car and not so sideway like a current dirt car.

I am intrigue by the Sprint Cars and Big Block Modifieds races. That is a large track and while it doesn't have the banking Bristol does the straits are longer and the corners are more reounded so I think the sprint cars would carry a bunch of speed off the corners. I would hate to see one wreck there.

Now the Big Block Modifieds are used to racing on bigger tracks and think that would be a decent show to watch.

Guess will all see how it turns out.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 04-20-2022 at 06:36 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    If I remember correctly NASCAR had it measured at just over .6 tenths mile.
    About the same size and like putting dirt on Lucas Oil Raceway in Indy. WOW, that’s big ol‘ track. Bet the Big Block Modifieds put on the show.

The smith clan must have a lot of loses they need to show. So is this the great north wilksboro revival ? Didn't they get a bunch of free government money ? The asphalt guys are getting a last chance and then the dirt cars get to get on it. So does it get flattened afterwards ?

dirtcrazy4u

The $18,000,000 they got from the North Carolina government was for infrastructure projects near the track (Roads, Sewers, ect...) SMI (Speedway Motorsports Inc.) has to pay for the track renovations.

Thats how I read it.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

Gonna be a $H!T$H0W

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    dirtcrazy4u

The $18,000,000 they got from the North Carolina government was for infrastructure projects near the track (Roads, Sewers, ect...) SMI (Speedway Motorsports Inc.) has to pay for the track renovations.

Thats how I read it.
    Your right. Idk why some people are red azzed over this deal. Be glad there's a old track being brought back to life. I'll go and if it sucks I'll give them a second chance after that I'm out.

Yes^^^^^^^
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Hornets are a bad enough idea on .6 mile track let alone a Super LM or 410 sprint car.

I don't get it.....