Johnny Scott Tops Lucas Oil Spring Nationals Opener at Lucas Oil Speedway
Stormy Scott Bags Podium Finish in Weekend Opener

LAS CRUCES, N.M. (04/25/22) – Johnny Scott raced to his second victory of the 2022 season on Friday night in his Rancho Milagro Racing No. 1st Mesilla Valley Transportation/ Longhorn Chassis/ Clements Racing Engines Super Late Model.

He held off a hard-charging Jason Papich to score the $5,000 victory, while Stormy Scott crossed the finish line in third.

“We kind of hit on some stuff over there at Wichita (81 Speedway) and we have kind of been sticking to that,” commented Johnny Scott. “I’ve got to thank my brother, without him I wouldn’t be here because he keeps me in the loop and tells me what I probably should run. As well, I’ve got to thank my crew guys Levi, Ricky, and Little Buddy they work hard on this car, and heck Stormy’s crew they help a lot too. It’s a racing team.”

On Friday evening, Scott Brothers Racing pilots Johnny and Stormy Scott returned to action with the Lucas Oil Midwest LateModel Racing Association (MLRA) at Lucas Oil Speedway (Wheatland, Mo.) for the opening round of the two-day MLRA Spring Nationals.

After topping the 36-car field in time trials and winning his heat race, Johnny led flag-to-flag in the 30-lap feature to complete the clean sweep of the program. His second win of the season and fourth-career MLRA triumph came ahead of Jason Papich, his brother Stormy, Chris Simpson, and Cole Wells. He earned $5,000.

The following night, Johnny finished third in his heat race, while Stormy grabbed the fourth-and-final transfer in his eight-lapper. With $7,000 on the line in the feature, Johnny dropped one position to finish 11th while Stormy improved one spot to place 14th.

For full results from these events, please visit www.MLRARacing.com.

Next on tap for Scott Brothers Racing is a pair of $22,022-to-win Castrol FloRacing Night in America events in Ohio and Indiana. Action opens on Tuesday at Tony Stewart’s Eldora Speedway before shifting to Brownstown (Ind.) Speedway on Wednesday.

For more information on the events, please visit www.FloSeries.com .

Scott Brothers Racing would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include Mesilla Valley Transportation, Rancho Milagro, Eagle Moon Farms, KBC Graphics, Top of the World Ranch, Longhorn Chassis, Impact Race Gear, Simpson Race Products, Fast Shafts, Allstar Performance, VP Racing Fuels and Lubricants, and MyRacePass.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Scott Brothers Racing, please visit their cyber home at www.ScottBrothersRacing.com .

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)