Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Larson

Default Kyle Larson

Scott Traylor asked a question this week on his Mostly Motorsports podcast if Yung Money was the best race car driver in the country right now. After witnessing his last three DLM races this week at Eldora, Brownstown and Bristol, I do not think it is open for debate. Simply an amazing talent behind the wheel of any car he drives!

He’s been the best for two or three years now, in my opinion. All he’s doing now is adding to his legacy.

His focus to go from the slm to the sprint car is what amazes me. The 2 do not drive alike whatsoever and yet he makes it look like a Sunday drive. He's openly said he doesn't have a handle on the new cup cars yet. That feel in his seat is totally off.

Best inc all traditional racecars......yes!

Best in a dlm.......not even close!

Not what I asked....No one is implying he is the best DLM driver....but you give him more than the 20 to 25 starts he has had in a DLM, and he just might be in the conversation.??? Just being competitive jumping from a Cup car, Midget, Sprint Car and DLM is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Illstate32 View Post
    Anyone terry m roots for is the best in a dlm! Don't you know nothin??
    Well now ! ! Apparently He must pull for that super young Bobby Pierce Jr. lad then ? If so then there can be no doubt about it that Terry M. has an eye for pure talent ! !

TerryM don't know his ass from a hole in the ground lmao, kinda like you r ready, dude ! Lol some dam more . . . . . . .
    Terry M also has a lot of respect for Overton. Even a Dodo bird would be able to admit that Brandon certainly isn't any slouch ! !

TerryM don't know his ass from a hole in the ground lmao, kinda like you r ready, dude ! Lol some dam more . . . . . . .
    Hummm, you type a cus word and it shows. Anyone else the spell nazi's jump all over it. I thunk they tossed the white flag in and made you the supreme being of 4m.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post

Not what I asked....No one is implying he is the best DLM driver....but you give him more than the 20 to 25 starts he has had in a DLM, and he just might be in the conversation.??? Just being competitive jumping from a Cup car, Midget, Sprint Car and DLM is impressive.
    A dlm is a racecar.....correct?

Thats why i had 2 different comments!

he is amazing , no doubt , but I have to agree with zero25 , he has a long way to go in a late model to be the goat , but who knows , when all you got to do is show up and sit down in the best car available , he may get there .....

One of the best cars. Period. Team Valvoline, JD, big sexy and many more come into the pits with the same chance.

The answer to this question isn't hard. Nobody is saying he's the best DLM driver, simply he's the best all around driver. Gets in anything and he's competitive.

He is the best all around talent right now. But as far as dirt late model racing goes he’s a long way from being any G.O.A.T. in that particular type of race car. What Bloomquist, Moyer, F. Smith, and others have done as far as career accomplishments are far Superior right now. Maybe later in Larson’s career he’s gets there but only time will tell.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

He's great.

I've always held a guy like Robbie Gordon in high regard because he can also drive a Baja 1000 truck, a Pikes Peak car, and jump on a dirtbike too. Not that Kule Larson can't do that, he just hasn't, to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Barrel View Post
    He's great.

I've always held a guy like Robbie Gordon in high regard because he can also drive a Baja 1000 truck, a Pikes Peak car, and jump on a dirtbike too. Not that Kule Larson can't do that, he just hasn't, to my knowledge.
    drivers like that are becoming more and more scarce...unfortunately ill have to agree with Kyle Busch when he said there is not much talent anymore...all you have to do is have money

He's great.I've always held a guy like Robbie Gordon in high regard because he can also drive a Baja 1000 truck, a Pikes Peak car, and jump on a dirtbike too. Not that Kule Larson can't do that, he just hasn't, to my knowledge.
    This 👍 and Robbie can build anything and is great at teaching people how to drive/race

He's great.

Robby wasn't bad during his time in nascar IMO. He was by no means great either. It was almost like he like he cared more about stirring the pot than the racing. He wasn't bad in prelude race he ran either. Robby (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near won the Indy 500 too. Not saying he is even close to the greatest in anything he has drove, but the cat can definitely adapt to anything he sits in.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 05-05-2022 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Robby wasn't bad during his time in nascar IMO. He was by no means great either. It was almost like he like he cared more about stirring the pot than the racing. He wasn't bad in prelude race he ran either. Robby (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near won the Indy 500 too. Not saying he is even close to the greatest in anything he has drove, but the cat can definitely adapt to anything he sits in.
    Ran out of gas with one lap to go in the Indy 500

I'm kind of think'in that young Larcy could end up with a good run at Darlington since " The Lady in Black " is more of a drivers track.

Robbie wasn't as great in NASCAR but he also wasn't in the best of equipment. I can think of twice that NASCAR screwed his sponsorships up. They ran off hard liquor (Jim Beam) and then ran off Nextel/Sprint competition (Motorola).