Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Roe v Wade to be overturned!

Franklin Grahams FB!........many say Trumps legacy is all his appointments to the Federal courts!

Praise God! The Supreme Court has voted to overturn Roe v. Wade according Politico, which received a supposedly leaked copy of the opinion draft. I don’t know if this report is true, but if it is, it’s an answer to many years of prayers.

The Supreme Court has voted to strike down the landmark Roe v. Wade decision, according to an initial draft majority opinion written by Justice Samuel Alito circulated inside the court and obtained by POLITICO.

The draft opinion is a full-throated, unflinching repudiation of the 1973 decision which guaranteed federal constitutional protections of abortion rights and a subsequent 1992 decision – Planned Parenthood v. Casey – that largely maintained the right. “Roe was egregiously wrong from the start,” Alito writes.

“We hold that Roe and Casey must be overruled,” he writes in the document, labeled as the “Opinion of the Court.” “It is time to heed the Constitution and return the issue of abortion to the people’s elected representatives.”

Deliberations on controversial cases have in the past been fluid. Justices can and sometimes do change their votes as draft opinions circulate and major decisions can be subject to multiple drafts and vote-trading, sometimes until just days before a decision is unveiled. The court’s holding will not be final until it is published, likely in the next two months.

The immediate impact of the ruling as drafted in February would be to end a half-century guarantee of federal constitutional protection of abortion rights and allow each state to decide whether to restrict or ban abortion. It’s unclear if there have been subsequent changes to the draft.

No draft decision in the modern history of the court has been disclosed publicly while a case was still pending. The unprecedented revelation is bound to intensify the debate over what was already the most controversial case on the docket this term.

The draft opinion offers an extraordinary window into the justices’ deliberations in one of the most consequential cases before the court in the last five decades. Some court-watchers predicted that the conservative majority would slice away at abortion rights without flatly overturning a 49-year-old precedent. The draft shows that the court is looking to reject Roe’s logic and legal protections.

“Roe was egregiously wrong from the start. Its reasoning was exceptionally weak, and the decision has had damaging consequences. And far from bringing about a national settlement of the abortion issue, Roe and Casey have enflamed debate and deepened division.”

Justice Samuel Alito in an initial draft majority opinion

A person familiar with the court’s deliberations said that four of the other Republican-appointed justices – Clarence Thomas, Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett – had voted with Alito in the conference held among the justices after hearing oral arguments in December, and that line-up remains unchanged as of this week.

MOST READ
    trump-legal-troubles-27892.jpg
    Trumpworld braces for ‘a couple of ugly nights’ in May
    Arizona GOP Senate frontrunner loses lead amid air assault
    The UFO briefings on Capitol Hill have begun. Lawmakers aren’t impressed.
    Trevor Noah’s best jokes at the WHCD
    Judge upholds Jan. 6 committee subpoena for RNC records

The three Democratic-appointed justices – Stephen Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan – are working on one or more dissents, according to the person. How Chief Justice John Roberts will ultimately vote, and whether he will join an already written opinion or draft his own, is unclear.

The document, labeled as a first draft of the majority opinion, includes a notation that it was circulated among the justices on Feb. 10. If the Alito draft is adopted, it would rule in favor of Mississippi in the closely watched case over that state’s attempt to ban most abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy.

A Supreme Court spokesperson declined to comment or make another representative of the court available to answer questions about the draft document.

Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito is pictured. | Getty Images
    SUPREME COURT

10 key passages from Alito’s draft opinion, which would overturn Roe v. Wade
    BY JOSH GERSTEIN
    POLITICO received a copy of the draft opinion from a person familiar with the court’s proceedings in the Mississippi case along with other details supporting the authenticity of the document. The draft opinion runs 98 pages, including a 31-page appendix of historical state abortion laws. The document is replete with citations to previous court decisions, books and other authorities, and includes 118 footnotes. The appearances and timing of this draft are consistent with court practice.

The disclosure of Alito’s draft majority opinion – a rare breach of Supreme Court secrecy and tradition around its deliberations – comes as all sides in the abortion debate are girding for the ruling. Speculation about the looming decision has been intense since the December oral arguments indicated a majority was inclined to support the Mississippi law.

For some reason there are people that actually go completely to pieces over this issue, and insist that everyone that has done this Goodly deed are guilty of what? Supporting the right to live? It's just unexplainable!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    For some reason there are people that actually go completely to pieces over this issue, and insist that everyone that has done this Goodly deed are guilty of what? Supporting the right to live? It's just unexplainable!!!
    Just about EVERYTHING they stand for is UNEXPLAINABLE !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtMAN007 View Post
    Just about EVERYTHING they stand for is UNEXPLAINABLE !!!!!
    No I just think my wife, daughter, sister or any other woman has the right to decide what they want to do with their body. If your wife, daughter, sister or whatever don't want to get an abortion that is their choice, but if my wife, daughter, sister or whatever wants to have one that isn't anyone elses business.

Best part is watching the lib heads go KABOOM!

FreeBird
    Missing my good friend James “Peanut” Roland

Abortions can be prevented by not getting pregnant……which can also be prevented multiple different ways.

That’s where the woman’s right to choose what she does with her body comes in, not ending another humans life because of a bad decision she/they made……IMO
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    No I just think my wife, daughter, sister or any other woman has the right to decide what they want to do with their body. If your wife, daughter, sister or whatever don't want to get an abortion that is their choice, but if my wife, daughter, sister or whatever wants to have one that isn't anyone elses business.
    Do I have the right to kill somebody just because I don’t want them around ? In days of old when men were bold and rubbers weren’t invented they tied a sock around their c0ck and babies were prevented. ! Tell the women in your family to learn from it ! OR STOP SLEEPING AROUND !

Yet you probably got the vaccinations (to that private body) that they forced upon many just to keep their job???

And the tax payer has to pay for it?

Abortion has become birth control for a bunch of people……that’s just wrong.

Honestly, to me, someone who gets an abortion, is just a coward. They want someone to rid their body of an unwanted pregnancy and they dont wanna do it themselves!

Heres an idea.......give them the "tools" on the operating table and let them do it themselves!Bet that will stop a few...millions!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Honestly, to me, someone who gets an abortion, is just a coward. They want someone to rid their body of an unwanted pregnancy and they dont wanna do it themselves!

Heres an idea.......give them the "tools" on the operating table and let them do it themselves!Bet that will stop a few...millions!
    The tools? LOL Anymore it is literally a pill.
    Last edited by cjsracing; 05-04-2022 at 02:07 PM.

The tools? LOL Anymore it is literally a pill.

Only up till 10 weeks!

I suggest to make them use a hammer.......if theyre so sure they wont feel guilty, whats the holdup then?

BBQ is right with his thinking on this 👍

Sadly the whack jobs are back at their jobs of rioting, burning, looting, and harrassing the police again. It must pay pretty good.

It’s not that I’m right ……everyone deep down knows abortion is wrong in 99.99 percent of cases it’s used for.

It’s just a matter of admitting it.

They may find out in a hurry that abortion is wrong on judgment day when GOD says " I know you NOT " ?

So, the protestors are protesting something their own mother chose not to do?

Oh, the .....HYPOCRISY!!!

HYPOCRISY is what the LIBTARDS stand for !!!! And I’m being GENEROUS!

That’s deep bro…..I never thought of it that way….like button.