Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mississippi Thunder — $50,000 to win

And $10K to win the two prelim shows. That’s a bunch of money available.

Yet this event doesn’t even get a mention on social media. We are living in some crazy times in the DLM world.

When and what track???
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

Not sure which social media sites you use. But, I've been seeing plenty of adds/info, the last couple months.

WoO Late Models this weekend, at Mississippi Thunder Speedway, Fountain City, WI

Be there Thursday, for my first visit.

Much like cedar lake it's about location. I'll be there Friday and maybe Saturday. Checked on a hotel room in a nearby town and they want 450 for one night. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by d-glenn View Post
    When and what track???
    This coming weekend. WOO show at Mississippi Thunder Speedway in southwest Wisconsin. I think it’s owned by the Timms family (their son races supers). It’s a classy joint that produces great racing. Another one of those tracks I wish we had down here in the south. I’ve only seen it on TV. I’m jealous of the locals up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Packin' Meat View Post
    Much like cedar lake it's about location. I'll be there Friday and maybe Saturday. Checked on a hotel room in a nearby town and they want 450 for one night. No thanks.
    Yikes. That’s insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy 37 View Post
    Not sure which social media sites you use. But, I've been seeing plenty of adds/info, the last couple months.

WoO Late Models this weekend, at Mississippi Thunder Speedway, Fountain City, WI

Be there Thursday, for my first visit.
    Facebook, Twitter, 4m, etc.. And others. Other than WOO’s Facebook page, I’ve barely seen it mentioned. Looks like an awesome joint though. Please post your thoughts along the way.

It should be a great show with the usmts being there as well. Definitely looking forward to making this my first race this year

Is there something else going on in that area, or are the jacked up hotel prices solely because of this race weekend?

It raced good last year. I remember Strickler and Sheppard trading slide jobs. Excited to watch on Dirtvision.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Is there something else going on in that area, or are the jacked up hotel prices solely because of this race weekend?
    To be completely honest, I'm not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if it were because of this event. The town is a smaller college town of less than 30k people so there isn't a lot of lodging there ro begin with.

It should be a great show with the usmts being there as well. Definitely looking forward to making this my first race this year
    I didn’t know the USMTS series was part of this show too. That just further reinforces my original opinion. This will be a fantastic show. Even better than I initially thought.

To be completely honest, I'm not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if it were because of this event. The town is a smaller college town of less than 30k people so there isn't a lot of lodging there ro begin with.
    It's probably college graduation

Idk where you're looking, but there's plenty in Winona starting at 90 a night....

When I looked the other day it said 90 was in LA Crosse which is about an hour southeast of fountain city/winona. The only winona one I saw was 400. Maybe I didn't look on the right sight 🤔

La Crosse Wisconsin is fairly close too, might be an option.

When I looked the other day it said 90 was in LA Crosse which is about an hour southeast of fountain city/winona. The only winona one I saw was 400. Maybe I didn't look on the right sight 樂
    Or there's 4 rooms a available in Arcadia,wi for 102 a night, 20mins away from fountain city. Draft horse inn

Quote Originally Posted by Birky.Fan View Post
    Or there's 4 rooms a available in Arcadia,wi for 102 a night, 20mins away from fountain city. Draft horse inn
    Appreciate it! I'll take a look once I'm done with work tonight.

Hopefully it's still available by then lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Birky.Fan View Post
    Hopefully it's still available by then lol.
    It is what it is. I only live about an hour and a half from fountain city. So if I gotta drive, it's not the end of the world.