Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy 37 View Post
    Not sure which social media sites you use. But, I've been seeing plenty of adds/info, the last couple months.

WoO Late Models this weekend, at Mississippi Thunder Speedway, Fountain City, WI

Be there Thursday, for my first visit.
    I was thinking the state of Mississippi...
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by d-glenn View Post
    I was thinking the state of Mississippi...
    I thought the same till I did a search.
    8/13/16

Crazy not many guys there for 70k up for grabs, not that far for guys like thornton

Heartbreak for breuning, an old washed up lapper gets in the way

Devastated for Bruening. The race was his. The track was locked down. It was over.

Bruening should have moved up on the track. his car was good everywhere

I feel bad for Bruening he's had some good runs and has been right there a few times for a win. This has to really sting knowing there is 50 large setting there waiting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by wfodirt66 View Post
    Old washed up lapper was just out there making laps with the other lappers. Bruening wasn't ready for the pressure of leading.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Bruening should have let up and just followed, track was locked down Marlar wasn't getting around him unless he made a mistake in the rubber. Totally on Bruening

Lack of experience is what caused that. I felt like he was charging entirely too hard for the amount of laps that were. You don't want to catch traffic when the track is one laned. He caught lapped traffic in 4 laps after the last restart. Lance done absolutely nothing wrong, Tyler just drove it in way too hard.

After reading Tyler's post race comments, it's pretty obvious who made the mistake. Don't know much about him but would of been really cool to see him win. Could have been the 2022 feelgood story.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by wfodirt66 View Post
    Lol. Did u make the show?

Tyler just cost himself $48,000 one hell of a job.

Now back home after three days at MTS.

The day one show wasn't the greatest (but I've seen worse) but that's just the way it shook out. The racing got better each night, very much better. In one regard I felt a little jobbed. I had seen plenty of mentions that Saturday would be a 100 lapper. Some drivers on Thursday and Friday even verbalized it would be 100 laps on Saturday. I mean, why not? Track is the same size as Cedar Lake (basically) and they run 100 laps for $50k. Then it became 75 laps. Truthfully, the track was giving up already between 60-65 laps in and it would not have been much of a race if it had to go to 100.

The track management did a lot of work to keep up with the track and make it racy. A few people complained about the amount of farming but it was worth it to see good races for both the late models and the mods. Maybe they meant 100 laps for the Terragators that continued misting the track between races. I'm not going to knock the amount of work they put in because they delivered good shows in both classes.

Each night the crowd got a bit bigger and Saturday was packed to the gills. The folks at the track did a super job keeping up with food and beverage services and everyone was great. This is an enjoyable facility to go see a race in person.

The under card event. I know this is a late model forum but USMTS is a great show. 70 plus mods made for 7 heats and 3 B mains and they flat out RACE. There was no need for any other class of cars and they really deliver a good on track product. The Saturday feature was 32 cars!

Felt terrible for Breuning. He drove a smart race to get to the point of getting the lead and the race was his. The track was going one lane and the lapped traffic was not much slower. I never seen a move over flag displayed pretty much all weekend and possibly they message across Raceiver to let drivers know the leader is coming but, I just thought you'd show the tailers the flag just to give them a heads up.

What a weekend of he!!ish bad luck for Jimmy Mars. Fast car on Thursday, set to go off sixth on the grid and a brake line issue during feature lineup. In the Friday heat race he's racing in the transfer spot and contact gets him turned and then smacked in the side hurting the rear end. On Saturday he hotlapped well and then goes out to qualify and a rut going into turn one helps him find the wall. But for all the bad luck he had with his car, the mods from MB Customs were some pretty dominant cars all weekend and James Giossi had a really great run (4th) in the Saturday WoO feature.

Good runs on Saturday by Josh Richards (21st to 3rd) and Dennis Erb (18th to 5th).
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

21st to 3rd and 18th to 5th ain't a rubbered up surface typically

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    21st to 3rd and 18th to 5th ain't a rubbered up surface typically
    That's cuz it wasn't, then it was.
    8/13/16

wastingmoney, and wasting braincells, no i didnt make the show, but if i had and saw the move over flag it would have, some people have no business entering these shows when they have ZERO ZERO chance of winning or even making the top 20

If they're a lap down then they're fast enough to make show.