Default JD jumps to #1 …

In the new DOD Top 25.

Remember a couple weeks ago when the talk was about his 2022 season being a “slump”? That talk ended quickly after JD started wearing glasses.

This is JD’s 43rd appearance at #1, tying Jimmy Owens for the most ever atop DOD’s rankings.

This is strong enough proof that Rajiflyboy sure knows how to pick a WINNER !

I strongly believe the glasses could have something to do with it. I remember back when I finally accepted the fact I needed corrective eye wear. Was like going from the old rabbit ear antennae tv to HD digital. Would definitely help with reading a track surface.
    8/13/16

JD gonna win. No doubt about it. He breathes talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    You can take that to the BANK ! ! But then I've heard the exact same thing said about the young guy from Illinois what drives the pretty red and white #32 car.

Does anyone really put any value on the DoD rankings? I mean, I'm glad for JD, but how can you call it objective when Suave votes and he is the most biased person out there. I think any 10 of you guys could come up with a better ranking than DoD. Remember the year they had Shannon Babb on the list when he hadn't even run a race? And that wasn't even the start of the season. The poll is a complete joke.

I think DOD does a good job with the rankings. It’s no different than polls in other sports. They’re fairly accurate, but you can always debate whether this school is ranked a couple spots too high, or that school is a couple spots too low. You can flip one or two spots however you want, but in the end your rankings are going to look a lot like the AP poll, the ESPN poll, or Dirt On Dirt’s rankings. I agree that ten fans from 4m, or Facebook, or ten fans out of the bleachers — if they follow the sport closely, and give proper weight to races that have stronger fields, consider both overall season and current temp, etc — could come up with their own Top 25. But I’m guessing it would look very similar to DOD’s.

And STILL # 1 if you should happen to factor in his latest results ! !
    Last edited by Raceready; 06-12-2022 at 05:42 PM.

But Madden should be #1 right now

Not now. Jd won 50 grand while Madden was sitting in SC, then he went on to win a prelim and the million. JD is #1, madden #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    And STILL # 1 ! !
    A no brainer for once.
    8/13/16

DOD picks JD #1. I can only say, no sh*t. Be real reporters and go ask the hard questions. #1 why was b Shepp getting destroyed on every restart. #2 Fergy, you guys were what many thought would give JD a run, wtf did you guys do. #3 Scott, really isn't this getting old ? just like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    Does anyone really put any value on the DoD rankings? I mean, I'm glad for JD, but how can you call it objective when Suave votes and he is the most biased person out there. I think any 10 of you guys could come up with a better ranking than DoD. Remember the year they had Shannon Babb on the list when he hadn't even run a race? And that wasn't even the start of the season. The poll is a complete joke.
    Isn't really just for fun for the DoD guys or at least that's the way I take it.

Hey DOD. How about some real reporting ? Let's see if you can sit down with a promotor that has a big race coming up and get an idea of what kind of cash layout a promotor mite have before the gates ever open ?

Firecracker is next weekend, I'll wait for some of your professional work !

One could think of over a million reasons why J. D. should be # 1 right now...