Mike Marlar Capitalizes to Win Dairyland Showdown Finale
Inherits Lead Late to Register $50,000 Victory

WINFIELD, Tenn. (05/09/22) – Mike Marlar was in the right place at the right time on Saturday night at Mississippi Thunder Speedway during the finale of the Dairyland Showdown.

Inheriting the lead late in the event, when race leader Tyler Bruening tangled with a lapped car, Marlar led the final seven circuits to claim a $50,000 payday aboard his Delk Equipment Sales / Tri-Rivers Enterprises No. 157 Can-Am Auto Salvage / Longhorn Chassis / Cornett Racing Engine Super Late Model.

“We led the first 18 laps but then I made a mistake in lapped traffic, and I was bummed because I felt like I should win. I felt like I was the fastest car, but I just messed up and got passed in traffic. But then there late Tyler (Bruening) tangled with that lapped car, and it came back to me.

“I’m bummed for (Bruening). He’s been searching for that big win,” Marlar said after collecting his fourth win of the year. “They, (Bruening and Skyline Motorsports), deserve to win a big race. I’m a little bummed that they didn’t get that, but it fell back in my lap and we have to take them anyway we can get them. Thanks to all of my sponsors, who make it possible for me to come out here and do this. Without them all it just wouldn’t be possible.”

Mike Marlar made the trek to Mississippi Thunder Speedway (Fountain City, Wis.) on Thursday afternoon to enter his Delk Equipment Sales No. 157 into battle in the opening round of the Dairyland Showdown with the World of Outlaws Case Late Model Series.

With 38 Late Models amassed for the event that spanned over three days, Mike qualified fifth-fastest in his group before advancing two spots in his heat race to pick up the eight-lap victory. Starting the preliminary feature in third, Marlar carried a steady pace in the 40-lapper to finish third. He trailed Bobby Pierce and Stormy Scott to the checkers.

For the second round of the Dairyland Showdown on Friday, Marlar’s slow start in preliminary events relegated him into the B-Main. Locking the Top 3 into the $10,000-to-win A-Main, Mike came one spot short with a fourth-place outing.

Starting things on the right foot on Saturday, Mike followed up the fastest lap in time trials with a heat race victory. Receiving the pole for the main event via the redraw, Marlar led laps early but surrendered the top spot to Tyler Erb amidst lapped traffic on lap 19. He slipped back as far as the third position but regained the lead with seven laps remaining, when Bruening ran into trouble in lapped traffic. Marlar went on to drive to his fourth win of the 2022 campaign and ninth career World of Outlaws triumph.

He collected $50,000 payday ahead of Erb, Josh Richards, James Giossi, and Dennis Erb Jr.

Full results from the weekend are available at www.WoOLMS.com.

This week – May 11-14 – four nights of racing await Mike Marlar will with the XR Super Series at The Dirt Track at Charlotte (Concord, N.C.). $25,000-to-win programs dot the landscape on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday followed by a $50,000-to-win Colossal 100 finale on Saturday evening.

More information on the event can be found at www.XRSuperSeries.com .

Mike Marlar would like to thank their great marketing partners, which include Delk Equipment, Rockets Convenience Plus, Tri-Rivers Enterprises, Can-Am Auto Salvage, Auto Parts 4 Less, Mesilla Valley Transportation, Capital Signs, VP Racing Fuels, Longhorn Chassis, Stanley Best Heating & Air, Midwest Sheet Metal, Bilstein, Arizona Sport Shirts, GottaRace.com, DNA Tile & Remodeling, Bell Helmets, Hoosier Tire, K1 Race Gear, Strange Oval, Swift Springs, Winning Edge Carburetors, Allstar Performance, E-Z Lift by MLR Fabricating, XS Power, ATC Bolts & Fasteners, Wayne Bowen Racing Supply, PRO-FABrication Headers & Exhaust, Earnhardt Technologies Group, QA1 Driveshafts, PPM Racing Products, FK Rod Ends, Accu-Force Shock Dyno, Performance Bodies & Parts, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Winters Rearends, and MyRacePass Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Mike Marlar Racing please visit the team website at www.MikeMarlar.com .

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)