Cory Hedgec ock Charges to I-75 Raceway XR SAS Checkers
Races to $5,000 Triumph at Tennessee Oval

LOUDON, Tenn. (05/09/22) – Cory Hedgec ock piloted his E-Z-GO / Noble Knights Construction Services No. 23 Budget Transmission / K&P Used Cars / Black Diamond Race Car / Eagle Racing Engine Super Late Model to his seventh win of the season on Saturday night.

The $5,000 triumph came at Tennessee’s I-75 Raceway and marked his second-career XR Southern All-Star Late Model Series triumph.

“Man, that was fun! Mack (McCarter) and I had a heckuva battle for the lead. That’s what racing is all about, and thankfully I came out on top,” Hedgec ock said. “We missed it a little in qualifying, and as a result had to start sixth. This ole (Black) Diamond was rollin’ though, and we got to the lead for good a little past the halfway point and sailed on.”

After Mother Nature spoiled Friday’s plans at Ponderosa Speedway (Junction City, Ky.), Cory Hedgec ock made his lone start of the weekend on Saturday with the XR Southern All-Star Series at I-75 Raceway (Sweetwater, Tenn.).

In a field of 31 cars, Hedgec ock’s third-fastest lap in his time trial group secured his spot into the main event. Rolling off sixth for the feature, Cory tracked down early pacesetter Mack McCarter by the halfway point of the 40-lapper and sailed ahead of the leader on lap 26 to assume command of the top spot. He led the final 14 circuits to capture his seventh win of the season and a $5,000 prize.

Full results from the event are available at www.SASdirt.com .

The team will be idle this week before returning to action on Saturday, May 21 at Senoia (Ga.) Raceway in the $5,044-to-win Roscoe Smith Classic. The event is sanctioned by the XR Southern All-Star Series.

Cory Hedgec ock would like to thank all of his sponsors, which include E-Z-GO, Eagle Racing Engines, Budget Transmissions, Pace Performance, K&P Used Cars, W.E. Hardscapes & Masonry, Circle H Services, Noble Knights Construction Services, Black Diamond Racecars, I-75 Raceway, Timeless Memories Photography, VooDoo Technologies, Powers Machine, Cobb’s Auto Parts, Pro-Fabrication, Accu-Force, Vineyard Construction, Winters Performance, Quickcar Racing Products, Martel Signs, MyRacePass Marketing Services, Hoosier, VP Fuels, Hickory Hardscapes, my Wife, my Daughter, Dad, Mom, my Grandad Mike and everyone who helps.

Visit the team’s official website at www.CoryHedgec ock23.com as well as social media outlets at https://www.facebook.com/coryhedgec ock23/ and https://twitter.com/Hedgec ock23 often for the latest team updates.

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)