Ryan Timms Hard Charges for Black Hills Speedway Checkers
Action Resumes in the Dakotas this Weekend

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. (05/10/22) – Ryan Timms registered his second triumph of the 2022 season on Friday evening at South Dakota’s Black Hills Speedway.

He claimed the victory from the 10th-starting position in Lucas Oil American Sprint Car Series (ASCS) Northern Plains action aboard his CitGard Engine Oil / driveWFX.com No. 5T Hampel Oil / Western Flyer Xpress / Eagle Chassis/ Rider Racing Engine Sprint Car.

“Friday at Black Hills Speedway, we were fast off the trailer but in the heat race had a camshaft spud strip out, which caused the fuel pump to quit turning, and the car died. We started 10th in the feature, but our car was so good that I was in the lead by lap 12, and from there led the rest of the way,” Timms said. “On Saturday at Park Jefferson (International Speedway), I feel like I might’ve given one away. We won the heat race, but I forgot to go to the scales so instead of starting on the front row, I had to start 19th. Just a mistake on my part.

“As always, I’d like to thank everyone who supports this program. I’m very appreciative of each-and-every person who helps our team.”

Ryan Timms kicked off a three-race weekend on Friday evening by visiting Black Hills Speedway (Rapid City, S.D.) to compete with the Lucas Oil ASCS Northern Plains Region.

After retiring early from his heat race with mechanical issues, Timms charged from the 10th-starting position in the feature to overtake the lead from Nick Haygood on the 12th circuit. Dominating the remaining distance of the 25-lapper, Ryan cruised to his second win of the season and 10th-career ASCS Regional victory. He took the checkers ahead of Haygood, Kyler Johnson, Kelly Miller, and Travis Reber.

In a field of 19 360 Midwest Sprint Touring Series entries on Saturday at Park Jefferson International Speedway (Jefferson, S.D.), Ryan won his heat race, but was disqualified after failing to report to the scales. As a result, he was pinned starting 19th for the feature event. He advanced to as high as the ninth position before ultimately retiring early from the feature and was credited with a 13th-place finish.

For the weekend finale on Sunday at Huset’s Speedway (Huset’s, S.D.), Ryan secured his spot into feature with a sixth-place finish in his heat race. Piloting his Western Flyer Express No. 5T 410 Sprint Car to a Top-10 finish, Timms passed seven cars in the 25-lap affair to register a ninth-place outing.

For more information on the events, please visit www.ASCSracing.com, www.MSTS360.com and www.HusetsSpeedway.com .

The upcoming weekend has the team returning to North Dakota and South Dakota. On Friday night action opens with the Northern Outlaw Sprint Association (NOSA) Sprint Cars at River Cities Speedway (Grand Forks, N.D.). The team’s Saturday slate is still up in the air. The weekend will draw to a close on Sunday at Huset’s Speedway (Brandon, S.D.).

Ryan Timms Racing would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include CitGard, CITGO, Mystik Lubricants, Hampel Oil, Western Flyer Xpress, driveWFX.com, Xpress Truck Sales, Rider Racing Engines, Griffin Fishing Charters and Lodge, Premier Truck Group, Impact Racing, Factory Kahne by Schure Built, 947-Eyes, Bell Helmets, KR Performance Fuels LLC, Outlaw Wings, AFD Graphix, Inefte Sports, and MyRacePass Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Ryan Timms Racing please visit the team website at www.RyanTimmsRacing.com as well as the team’s social media channels at www.facebook.com/RyanTimmsRacing/, www.instagram.com/ryantimms_5t/ and twitter.com/RyanTimms_5T .

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)