Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Castrol FloRacing Series and XR Super Series First Schedule Conflict…

This is probably a non-story by all practical standards, but interested to hear the thoughts and opinions of others on this forum nonetheless…The Castrol FloRacing Series and XRSS stand to have their first schedule conflict this week, with Castrol kicking off Illinois Speedweeks and XRSS sanctioning the Colossal 100 at Charlotte. Four nights of lucrative racing on both sides of the court…however, with the schedule conflict, and the anticipation that Davenport, Larson and Overton will all be at Charlotte, B-Shepp or Pierce could be poised to easily take the points lead in the Castrol series assuming they run well to decent in both those events.Is it any surprise that Davenport didn’t elect to run the Castrol events in Illinois to maintain his points lead (and a shot at the $75k at the end of the season), then head to Charlotte for Friday and Saturday’s XRSS events? (And yes, I realize it’s an unrealistic overnight 12 hour haul from Lincoln to Charlotte.)

What makes you think Larson is going to be in Charlotte? I don't think he is. Pretty sure he has every intention of running all Flo Night events.

He’s on the DoD expected entrants list for Charlotte but not for the Spoon River and Lincoln events

Ahh, yeah. I see that now. I wonder if Rumley likes the closeness of Charlotte over traveling all the way to Illinois.

Who really cares good teams and drivers at both events

And there it is…didn’t take long to get the first snarky, sarcastic comment. It’s a discussion forum…where things are discussed and opinions are shared…that’s all the post is for. And if you notice, the very first line of the post states that “it’s probably a non-story…”

Plenty of cars and fans for both events. It also gives more drivers a chance of earning some good money.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Plenty of cars and fans for both events. It also gives more drivers a chance of earning some good money.
    Exactly. It's not easy to not schedule on top of another series. WOO and Lucas have been doing it for a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Exactly. It's not easy to not schedule on top of another series. WOO and Lucas have been doing it for a few years now.
    It's inevitable now that their is basically 4 National style tours to pick from. I really don't see Charlotte/Illinois a scheduling conflict.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    It's inevitable now that their is basically 4 National style tours to pick from. I really don't see Charlotte/Illinois a scheduling conflict.
    I agree on both fronts.

It is amazing to have 4 straight days of amazing payouts at 2 different tracks. Lot of money to be made by drivers and good for fans on each side of the country.

Ask Flo what they think of XS and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    Ask Flo what they think of XS and vice versa.
    It's clear what XR thinks of FLO, I've noticed the elbows being thrown since the beginning of their existence. Rigsby and company seem to ignore it, which is more than I could do.

I love that multiple drivers could end up with a big week. In a perfect world, we'd see 8 different winners between the two tours this week.

My thoughts on this are that its the inevitable playing out. There's only 52 weekends in a year and we basically don't have a true off season anymore as series and tracks have resorted to scheduling big races on traditionally off weekends to try and get a more successful event. FLO resorted to scheduling their events during the week to try and not step on any toes. In the end though, I think it'll be just fine.

You covered it with your opening comment … it’s probably a non-story by all practical standards. How many drivers and fans would be attending both of these events if Flo was Monday-Thursday and XR was Friday-Sunday? Maybe a dozen or so drivers and probably less than 50 fans? Neither of these are crown jewel shows, so I have zero issues with them overlapping. Especially considering they’re 750 miles apart. That’s a 12-hour drive. We aren’t talking about a couple tracks an hour apart. This is indeed a non-story. But also a big deal — for a whole lot of drivers who get to chase a lot of money, and a whole lot of fans who get to attend. Not to mention those of us in other parts of the country who get to watch on TV. I don’t see any negatives here.

Fields are both stacked and maybe a handful of drivers would be at the other event IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Rigsby and company seem to ignore it, which is more than I could do.
    They don't ignore it, they don't comment on it publicly.

I think Davenport will run the 2 Castrol FloRacing series events and then show up on Saturday to run the $50,000 race at Charlotte...

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    It's clear what XR thinks of FLO, I've noticed the elbows being thrown since the beginning of their existence. Rigsby and company seem to ignore it, which is more than I could do.

I love that multiple drivers could end up with a big week. In a perfect world, we'd see 8 different winners between the two tours this week.
    Ignore what?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Ignore what?
    They don't publicly talk down on XR like XR has done to them and other series. I remember one instance, XR was throwing jabs at FLO's broadcast of the World 100.