Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No fans in Charlotte

2 nights in Charlotte and very weak crowds both nights. I’m assuming the weekend will bring more fans. This race was not advertised around here from what I have seen. What’s going on? Do they even want fans in seats at these XR events ?

The racers pay their own purse at the XR events.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Weeknight racing and a rainy forecast, probably didn’t help. Hopefully the weather looks better this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    The racers pay their own purse at the XR events.
    Not these huge purses. I don't see how they keep dishing out that kind of money without going broke.

Terry M

Yea I'm 40 mins north of track and it spotty drizzle or showers all day. I'm surprised they got it off. Today doesn't look much different

I think most fans save their money for the final night. The last night in Bristol had considerably more fans then any other night there. Not many out of towners are going to book multiple nights at a hotel, pay for food, tickets, and gas when they could just make a day out of it on Saturday. Not the best financial times for multi-day shows. Also, $40 bucks allows you to watch all 4 nights from the comforts of your own home.

They have one of the XR super series events a month so you have to buy a new subscription to watch each one @ $40/month. Even if they only sell 10,000 subs that's $400k. The total purses this weekend are $350k, so I would think they are at least breaking even.

I still think Marcus/Bruton Smith are bankrolling the series.

Rained out for Friday. We'll never know about Friday attendance. I too believe the Smith's are involved to a large degree. Don't understand why the mystery though.

Could be they don’t want to rub World Racing Group?
    Both headquartered in Concord/Charlotte and the World Finals are at The Dirt Track at Charlotte?
    Who knows the real truth-but the XR series definitely keep things quite.

Announcers said each team was getting 5 passes to get into pits for free, allowed 2 vehicles in pits for free and are allowed to park their souvenir trucks at the track for free

Honestly they would be better off at a real local dirt track (Lancaster, Carolina, Cherokee or I dare say even East Lincoln speedway)

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Announcers said each team was getting 5 passes to get into pits for free, allowed 2 vehicles in pits for free and are allowed to park their souvenir trucks at the track for free
    That’s for teams that have attended every race. XR’s loyalty program which is a pretty sweet deal.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Could be they don’t want to rub World Racing Group?
    Both headquartered in Concord/Charlotte and the World Finals are at The Dirt Track at Charlotte?
    Who knows the real truth-but the XR series definitely keep things quite. .
    I'm not claiming to know anything at all. I stand back and look at both XR struggling to get fans, outlaws are struggling to get full timers. You bring up the two not wanting to rub each other the wrong way.....could we see a merger in the future? XR has the money to reel in guys that will want to race full time, and the outlaws are established and don't seems to have a problem drawing a crowd.

It seems both organizations are money hungry, that might be the only thing keeping this from happening.

Thanks for the clarification on that.

I just think that dirt late model racing is becoming less popular. Everybody on 4m loves it………..but it’s a very very small sample size of the fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
    They have one of the XR super series events a month so you have to buy a new subscription to watch each one @ $40/month. Even if they only sell 10,000 subs that's $400k. The total purses this weekend are $350k, so I would think they are at least breaking even.
    id really be surprised if its more than 1000 subs a month

LM racing is as popular as ever. Here are things to consider

1. Too many series running at once
    2. Cost of LM racing cannot afford local shows
    3 Pay per view.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    LM racing is as popular as ever. Here are things to consider1. Too many series running at once2. Cost of LM racing cannot afford local shows3 Pay per view.
    I agree with all of this 👍 I’m sure the top teams are loving the $$$ but honeymoon may not last long

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    id really be surprised if its more than 1000 subs a month
    No idea on XR, but I know on one flo streamed race they had 20K watching that one race and it wasn't a crown jewel type race