Thumbs up FAIRBURY. Mars Race (5/14). Where does FALS stack up against other notable tracks?

Fairbury American Legion Speedway
    Mars Race (5/14/2022)

FOR THOSE WHO WHERE AT THE RACE OR WATCHED IT ON FLO RACING.

Where does FALS stack up against other tracks around the country?
    Just wondered what other folk's opinions on the track are?

Are they a Top 5 or Top 10 track in the country?

Week in and week out the track consistently produces some of the best racing anywhere weather its a weekly show or a special like last night.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

As far as the racing goes, they’re top 3 without a doubt. Maybe the best.

Seems to have had the reputation of best racing joint in the country for awhile. I remember Farmer City being in that conversation for a long time but seemed to have dropped off in the last 4 - 5 years. However, Farmer City was very racy as well on Friday night. I enjoyed all 4 nights and would be glad to call any of them my local track. PDC is an event on my bucket list.

While The Colossal had some late race drama/action in two of its three races, it’s not even debatable that Illinois Speed week was head and shoulders above it as far as overall racing goes.
    Last edited by weatherman85; 05-15-2022 at 03:27 PM.

I agree with definitely top 3 and possibly #1 . I hope they have this Illinois mini speedweek again. Excellent racing all nights. Plus for it to be included on DoD Flo Sports was also excellent especially they along with MavTv are the most reasonably priced streaming services out there compared to the other 2.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    I agree with definitely top 3 and possibly #1 . I hope they have this Illinois mini speedweek again. Excellent racing all nights. Plus for it to be included on DoD Flo Sports was also excellent especially they along with MavTv are the most reasonably priced streaming services out there compared to the other 2.
    Mav should be the cheapest given they have the least amount of live content.

I have never been to a racetrack that produced so many last corner passes for the win than FALS. I can't even think of a track that would be close. How they do it? Who knows.
    8/13/16

Who knows, Randy Rhoads knows. He is not the type of guy who needs the credit but the number of hours he has dropped into track prep in the last 10 or 15 years is astonishing. For anyone who really wants to know how it is done spend the night Saturday and see the work, they start on Sunday. I have never seen a spot in dirt track hall of fame for track prep but in my mind there needs to be one, but I am biased.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Mav should be the cheapest given they have the least amount of live content.
    At $60./yr it paid for itself in January to February with the Florida/Georgia Speedweeks, so to me the rest is all bonus. Compared to DirtVision and XR at $40/month.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSprintFan View Post
    At $60./yr it paid for itself in January to February with the Florida/Georgia Speedweeks, so to me the rest is all bonus. Compared to DirtVision and XR at $40/month.
    Agreed, that's why I don't have Dirtvision or XR. If Flo or Mav charges what Dirtvision or XR does I would cancel them.

Quote Originally Posted by cdustyr1 View Post
    Who knows, Randy Rhoads knows. He is not the type of guy who needs the credit but the number of hours he has dropped into track prep in the last 10 or 15 years is astonishing. For anyone who really wants to know how it is done spend the night Saturday and see the work, they start on Sunday. I have never seen a spot in dirt track hall of fame for track prep but in my mind there needs to be one, but I am biased.
    I agree. Thanks to your dad and all the other track prep guys, they have truly made FALS into one of the raciest joints in the country.

Generally the racing at FALS is pretty darn good. What makes it is the atmosphere…the town..it’s old…there’s a crap pot full of history. When you walk in there you can cut the history with a knife. The whole town is into it and it shows. Makes a huge difference. It’s the Wrigley Field of dirt racing. If you haven’t gone…go…visit one of the big races or go all the way and go to the PDC. That’s about as good as it gets atmosphere wise. You’ll not forget it. Is it perfect? No…but how lucky you are if you live close to that joint.