Thread: Madden

Default Madden

How ya figure madden can have as much ride height deck height (easily over 42”) and have as much racing drop as he appears to, and still beat the droop rule?? It was clear watching at Charlotte his spoiler is higher than everyone’s on the track but he stays under the 51” rule, any theories?

There is a lot that can be done here. Short answer. Its the difference in body angle and rear end angle when hanging vs when in operation on the track. If I were racing with this rule in place, there is a ton of stuff I would do. That said, it is the holy grail right now and I don't want to put too much out there to anyone.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

been studying that nasty aero have you ? lol if they would do away with that aero , you wouldn't have to be concerned with that holy grail , then again , where's the fun in that .....

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    been studying that nasty aero have you ? lol if they would do away with that aero , you wouldn't have to be concerned with that holy grail , then again , where's the fun in that .....
    I could get back to bettering the suspension. I had to give a lot of that up years ago to reach for the sky with the deck. I find working on the suspension more fun than the aero puzzle, but we have idiots in charge. I'm just glad we don't race against monster car counts usually, so that we don't have to worry about being a second behind in qualifying. We can make it up once even aero load can't completely hook the big stuff up.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 05-19-2022 at 12:16 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I agree and hope we can , only thing is Im not quiet sure what you mean by big stuff , if you mean engine wise , I think engines are a never ending progression , I saw a dyno sheet on a new 440 ford with some new billet heads out of the Carolinas that made 1200 hp and the torque curve was unreal , so I think its all a never ending progression , more hp , more advanced suspension and aero to hook it up , when that happens , then here comes more hp and better torque curves , Im not rich by any means but the days of me getting out there in my little machine shop and making my own stuff that is competitive has just about gone by , as far as a super late model goes any way .....

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    I agree and hope we can , only thing is Im not quiet sure what you mean by big stuff , if you mean engine wise , I think engines are a never ending progression , I saw a dyno sheet on a new 440 ford with some new billet heads out of the Carolinas that made 1200 hp and the torque curve was unreal , so I think its all a never ending progression , more hp , more advanced suspension and aero to hook it up , when that happens , then here comes more hp and better torque curves , Im not rich by any means but the days of me getting out there in my little machine shop and making my own stuff that is competitive has just about gone by , as far as a super late model goes any way .....
    Sure, engines get better. Sure suspension gets a little better. Aero is what gets 800hp to the ground instead of 700. I don't care what engine anyone else runs. I do care we are running wedge cars. Aero was never supposed to change in our sport. That is not progress. That is dereliction of duty. Lack of aero dependency is why our sport was once so good, when compared to NASCAR or F1.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1