Thread: Thorton

Default Thorton

What happen to thorton at mo town?

Rolled it going through 1 and 2, then wound up upside down on the other side of the rim of the track.

Very narrow cushion there and with no walls a mistake can be costly. No walls might also have been reason for Pierce's dismal showing there. Nothing to bounce off of all night.

It looked more like he bicycled against a tall cushion more than went off the lip and rolled, vid I saw didn't catch all the incident but it was on the right door panel before it went over the lip.

Quote Originally Posted by GrocMax View Post
    It looked more like he bicycled against a tall cushion more than went off the lip and rolled, vid I saw didn't catch all the incident but it was on the right door panel before it went over the lip.
    The cushion wasn't big at all. At Mtown its easy to miss the strip at the top and go over. Unfortunately if you go off the top of turns 1 or 2 at Mtown 90% of the time you are going to roll because it's a steep drop off.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    The cushion wasn't big at all. At Mtown its easy to miss the strip at the top and go over. Unfortunately if you go off the top of turns 1 or 2 at Mtown 90% of the time you are going to roll because it's a steep drop off.
    Do they need to add some slope to the backside so that in the interest of safety the cars can just slide off and then can drive back up return to the racing surface ? I remember that Wayne Co. and Lernerville and several others were like that. Also that saves program time that fans have to wait for ambulance and tow truck etc. Drivers can get to the next race because the car isn't all tore up. I recall one year at the old Buckeye that they had corn planted behind the back stretch and a sprint went off and all one could see was the wing atop the corn plants !

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Do they need to add some slope to the backside so that in the interest of safety the cars can just slide off and then can drive back up return to the racing surface ? I remember that Wayne Co. and Lernerville and several others were like that. Also that saves program time that fans have to wait for ambulance and tow truck etc. Drivers can get to the next race because the car isn't all tore up. I recall one year at the old Buckeye that they had corn planted behind the back stretch and a sprint went off and all one could see was the wing atop the corn plants !
    It's been this way for years there unfortunately. I've seen numerous cars roll there just like RTJ did, in fact I've seen one guy do it multiple times.