Thread: Tyler Bruening

Default Tyler Bruening

Thought I heard them say he was dropping off the Outlaws tour. Pretty sad state of affairs when the guy 4th in points quits. These new record high gas prices daily are hurting everybody.

Tyler's spot is being filled by Shane clanton

Clanton taking Bruenings spot on the tour so they at least keep owner points.

To me this is BS- 2 different race teams-2 different drivers but with the same owner!

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    To me this is BS- 2 different race teams-2 different drivers but with the same owner!
    Hence, owners points

I was really becoming a fan of Tyler this season....He was really improving as the season went on and was competitive at most of the races he entered. Sad to see him leave the tour.

JJ83

Yes- I understand it’s owners points. I just don’t understand changing the points from one driver/team to another driver/team although both teams have the same owner.

I didn’t realize WOO had “owners points.”
    Does this make Clanton eligible for show up/travel money even tho he isn’t in the top 12 in points-nor does he have perfect attendance???
    Just curious as to how this plays out. He didn’t sign a contract stating he was racing with the WOO- like other teams are required to do.
    I guess it goes to Skyline Motorsports regardless of driver???
    Hopefully, someone much smarter than me can post how this works.
    Thanks in advance!

WoO is gonna play nice with anyone that will come on board at this point.
    Clanton obviously sees easy pickin compared to the tour he left.
    8/13/16

Does Clanton get a provisional at the outlaw races because he is a past champ regardless of owner points?

That brings up another question: Are provisionals given to drivers or owners?

He was literally 7 laps away from a $50k win at MTS. Makes one wonder if that turned out differently he would have decided to stay on the tour. He is a good and improved driver and with the competition in WoO this year it would be a good bet his chance at a win was better than ever. Skyline is one of the better funded race teams out there but it is mostly with his family's money. Aggregates and materials is still doing well in this economy. Maybe the family business needs him closer to home.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Some of you guys have seen him race more than myself but I guarantee you, he made no friends in the b main at Marshalltown Wed.night.
    8/13/16

Do we know why Skyline Motorsports decided to do this? Fuel prices probably aren't a factor since Clanton will be in tour from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Some of you guys have seen him race more than myself but I guarantee you, he made no friends in the b main at Marshalltown Wed.night.
    I have seen Tyler race a lot over the years and that was out-of-character for him.