Default rear mount pump belt walking

i've just switched from a full dry sump stack to a power steering and fuel pump only setup on my bert bellhousing. for some reason on the new pump, the belt drive doesn't seem to want to stay on the gear, it's walking "forward" off the top gear as the engine spins over on the starter.

i've never had this problem before .. anybody know how I should start troubleshooting this ?

thanks !

something is out of line , we have had a problem with this a time or two and put the thin metal shields on the top gear to hold it in place , may not be the best but if its out just a little , its the easiest fix .....

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    something is out of line , we have had a problem with this a time or two and put the thin metal shields on the top gear to hold it in place , may not be the best but if its out just a little , its the easiest fix .....
    Ok thanks for your idea, where did you get the shields for the top gear ?

I might also try shimming the top mounting bolt with thin metal to pitch the whole assembly back a bit .. see if that will get it to stay in line.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX10 View Post
    Ok thanks for your idea, where did you get the shields for the top gear ?

I might also try shimming the top mounting bolt with thin metal to pitch the whole assembly back a bit .. see if that will get it to stay in line.
    Your supposed to have the belt guides on the upper pulley and is the easiest way to solve the problem

https://rossperformanceparts.com/wp-...-shields-1.jpg
    ^Random picture I found on google^

Just google the brand of pulley you have and pulley guides to find the ones that fit your brand and size of pulley
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 05-21-2022 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Your supposed to have the belt guides on the upper pulley and is the easiest way to solve the problem

https://rossperformanceparts.com/wp-...-shields-1.jpg
    ^Random picture I found on google^

Just google the brand of pulley you have and pulley guides to find the ones that fit your brand and size of pulley
    awesome .. thank you !