Default Has Senoia lost its charm?

Have they changed the dirt or is it time for some new? Pretty one laned for last night’s SAS race!

I’ve been there 5 or 6 times since 2014. Watched on TV last night. Not a big fan of the place, but last night was the first time I’ve seen it be single file around the bottom. We only watched the feature, but it appeared they ran the super feature last. Was the track any better earlier in the show?

I’ve been several times since the introduction of the “gumbo” a few years back, and have watched a handful of races on streaming services. When they first put that surface down it provided some very good, interesting and entertaining racing. The novelty of the surface being so much different from anything else in the North Georgia area attracted good car counts as well as a good fan base. I’m not going to knock the place as it seems they are constantly trying to invest in the facility and make it a place where racers want to race and fans want to patronize. However, it does seem that the quality of the on track racing has went down a little more and a little more each year over the past 2-3 years. It begs the question is the surface simply getting worn out? As someone who has lived in Georgia their entire life, I am overly familiar with red clay and the kind of racing that it provides. I am much less familiar with the clay/dirt that was brought in and coined as the “grey gumbo”…could very well be that it is time for a resurfacing or an adjustment in track prep. I do hope they get it figured out though, especially as they will approach year 2 of the $50k to win Peach State Classic this fall.

I thought someone had said the Pollards had been slowly phasing out the Gumbo since they took over. That could have just been hear say but I know the track hasn’t looked the same in a few years. Figured that could have just been to normal wear. I remember walking up to it the first time after gumbo was in it and it looked like an Asphalt track from the parking lot. Stayed looking that way for awhile but hasn’t been as “grey” to me the last few times I went.

I believe it is worn out to some degree & in need of more or something different. I certainly don't think running supers last is a good thing. Last night was worse, because they stopped & worked on the track to make it even later!

I was told they have been searching for some more gumbo having hard time getting same exact stuff.

It's worn out. You can tell if you're in person. There is a red/brown tint to it now from the old dirt underneath being mixed in. It will kill a rr now where it used to be super easy in tires.

magnolia is same way. used to be slick and wide now it seems either hammer down or rubbered

In a word, yes.

Senoia has found its clay hopefully go on in middle of June.