Rocket1 Racing and Brandon Sheppard Bag Trio of Runner-Up Finishes
30th Annual Lucas Oil Show-Me 100 Up Next

SHINNSTON, W.Va. (05/23/22) – Rocket1 Racing and Brandon Sheppard invaded Iowa over the weekend for a trio of events in their Valvoline / Seubert Calf Ranches No. 1 Ace Metal Works / XR1 Rocket Chassis / Durham Racing Engine Super Late Model.

The team enjoyed a great week with three runner-up finishes in three events. With Sheppard’s consistency, the Illinois’ driver was able to add to his advantage atop both the Castrol FloRacing Night in America and Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series standings.

“Man, I love those Iowa dirt tracks. It’s always a blast to race there and reminds me a lot of the tracks I started my career on back in Illinois,” Sheppard said. “We came up short of a win in our three races last weekend, but it’s hard to be bummed about three second-place finishes. I’m proud of our whole team and where we are at right now.

“A big thanks to everyone at Rocket1 Racing and all of our great marketing partners for making this all possible.”

For the fifth round of the Castrol FloRacing Night in America mini-series, Rocket1 Racing and Brandon Sheppard traveled to Marshalltown Speedway (Marshalltown, Iowa) on Wednesday evening to enter the Seubert Calf Ranches No. 1 Late Model into battle.

Following the fourth-fastest time in his group, Sheppard dropped one spot in his heat race to finish third. Earning the seventh-starting position for the $22,022-to-win A-Main, Brandon weaved through the field five spots in the 50-lapper to score a second-place finish. He followed Hudson O’Neal across the line with Mike Marlar rounding out the podium.

Sheppard leads the latest Castrol FloRacing Night in America point standings by 78 markers.

On Friday evening Rocket1 Racing visited 300 Raceway (Farley, Iowa) for the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) sanctioned Truck Country 50. After getting behind the eight-ball in time trials, Sheppard advanced two spots in his heat race to finish sixth. Passing four cars in the 50-lap feature, Brandon reeled a second-place finish, which came behind Tyler Erb with Ricky Thornton Jr. rounding out the podium.

After Mother Nature moved Saturday’s event to Sunday, Brandon stopped at 34 Raceway (West Burlington, Iowa) for the CRST Transportation Solution 50. With a heat race victory placing him on the pole for the $15,000-to-win A-Main, Sheppard dropped one spot in the 50-lapper to finish second. He followed Tim McCreadie across the line with Earl Pearson Jr., Garrett Alberson, and Hudson O’Neal completing the Top-5 finishers.

Brandon holds a 130-point lead atop the latest LOLMDS point standings.

Full results from the weekend are available at www.FloSeries.com and www.LucasDirt.com .

This weekend – May 26-28 – Rocket1 Racing and Sheppard will set their sights on their first-ever Lucas Oil Show-Me 100 triumph. The three-race weekend begins on Thursday night at Lucas Oil Speedway (Wheatland, Mo.) with the $6,000-to-win ninth annual Cowboy Classic and continues on Friday night with the $6,000-to-win Tribute to Don and Billie Gibson.

The crown jewel weekend culminates on Saturday with the $50,000-to-win, Show-Me 100 finale.

Full event details are available at www.LucasOilSpeedway.com .

Rocket1 Racing would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include Valvoline, Seubert Calf Ranches, Rocket Chassis, Ace Metal Works, Durham Racing Engines, Five Star RaceCar Bodies, Gunters Honey, Hoosier Racing Tire, Integra Racing Shocks, Keyser Manufacturing, Petroff Towing, Slavic Custom Racing Shirts & Decals, Sweet Manufacturing, VP Racing Fuels, Accu-Force Shock Service, ATL Fuel Cells, Aurora Rod Ends, Barnes Dry Sump Oil Systems, Bazell Race Fuels, Beyea Custom Headers, Brown & Miller Racing Solutions, Brinn Transmissions, Cometic Gasket, COMP Cams, CP Carrillo, Dohm Cycles, Edelbrock, Fibreworks Composites, Hardrock Powder Coating, Howe Racing Enterprises, Jones Racing Products, Kenny’s Components, Maxima Racing Oils, MSD, NGK Spark Plugs, Tel Tac, Performance Bodies, Peterson Fluid Systems, Powers Performance, Performance Rod & Custom, Quarter Master, QuickCar Racing Products, Rocket Pre-Owned Motors, Safecraft, Show Trucks Unlimited, Simpson, Stealth Carburetors, Strange Oval, Suave Talk, Total Power Valvoline Pro-V Racing, Walker Performance Filtration, Weld Racing, Wiles Driveshafts, Wilwood Brakes, Winters Performance Products, Wrisco Aluminum, Xceldyne Valvetrain, and MyRacePass Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Rocket1Racing please visit the team website at www.Rocket1Racing.com as well as their social media channels at www.facebook.com/Rocket1Racing, www.twitter.com/Rocket1_Racing, and www.instagram.com/rocket1racing .

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)