Rodney Sanders Scores Special Win at Fairmont Raceway
Four-Day USMTS Memorial Day Weekend Swing on Deck

HAPPY, Tex. (05/23/22) – Rodney Sanders raced to his ninth win of the season on Wednesday night in his Wichita Tank Racing No. 20 Kenny’s Tile/ ARMI Contractors/ MB Customs/ Hatfield Racing Engine Modified.

The triumph came in the season opener at Minnesota’s Fairmont Raceway and held special meaning for the Texas native.

“Wednesday night’s win at Fairmont (Raceway) meant a lot to me. It was the first time my son was able to come to the track and join me in Victory Lane. Also, it was my beautiful wife’s birthday, and it meant a lot to get her a win,” Sanders said. “Now we’re gearing up for a busy Memorial Day weekend, and I’m looking forward to hitting some great tracks and seeing a lot of great fans.”

Rodney Sanders made a mid-week stop at Fairmont Raceway (Fairmont, Minn.) on Wednesday night to enter his Wichita Tank Racing No. 20 Modified into action in the USRA Modified program. Following a seventh-to-third run in his heat race, Sanders led wire-to-wire in the 20-lap feature to register his ninth win of the season. He finished ahead of J.T. Wasmund, Roger Nielsen, Travis DeBoer, and Kylie Kath.

On Friday night the action shifted to Chateau Speedway (Lansing, Minn.) where Rodney competed in the USRA Modified division against a field of 15 entries. Sanders advanced from seventh to fourth in his heat race before passing three cars in the feature to finish third behind Steve Wetzstein and Dustin Sorensen.

The weekend drew to a close on Saturday night at Deer Creek Speedway (Spring Valley, Minn.), where a talented field of 26 USRA competitors assembled at the famed, 3/8-mile oval. After finishing fourth in his heat race, Rodney earned the seventh-starting spot for the feature. He passed two competitors in the 25-lap finale to fifth behind Dustin Sorensen, Brandon Davis, Lucas Schott, and Jeremy Nelson.

Full results from the weekend are available at www.USRAracing.com .

Sanders is now ready for four-straight nights of United States Modified Touring Series (USMTS) racing over the extended Memorial Day weekend. Action opens on Thursday at Mason City (Iowa) Motor Speedway before moving to Minnesota’s Chateau Speedway on Friday night. The USMTS contingent rolls into Deer Creek Speedway (Spring Valley, Minn.) on Saturday night before drawing to a close on Sunday evening at Winneshiek Raceway.

Rodney currently sits fourth in the latest USMTS standings.

For more information on all four events, please visit www.USMTS.com .

Rodney Sanders would like to thank all of his sponsors including Wichita Tank Racing, ARMI Contractors, Mesilla Valley Transportation, S&S Fishing and Rental, Kenny’s Tile, MB Customs, Hatfield Race Engines, Hibner Logging, Bergman Tax and Accounting, Paulson Rock Products, Stussy Construction, Integra Shocks, Shocker Hitch, Olsen Custom Farms, Swift Springs, FK Rod Ends, CMD Race Shocks, Wehrs Machine, 87 Automotive, Keyser Manufacturing, Allstar Performance, Speedway Motors, Schoenfeld Headers, JE Pistons, Walker Performance Filtration, Rodney Sanders Racing, Day Motorsports, Real Wheels, Palmer Painting, Deatherage Opticians, Wilwood Brakes, PEM Rearends, Winning Edge Carburetors, McCartney Welding, Simpson Race Products, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Rodney Sanders, please visit www.RodneySandersRacing.net .

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)