Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    12,239

    Thumbs up World of Outlaws Late Model Series cancel the following 3 events with no reschedule

    World of Outlaws Late Model Series cancel the following events with no reschedule:

    June 4 The Dirt Oval at Route 66 in Joliet, IL
    June 17-18 at Orange County Fair Speedway in Middletown, NY
    July 12 at Gondik Law Speedway in Superior, WI

    The following events have been rescheduled:

    The Hawkeye event at Boone (IA) Speedway is moving to Monday, July 25, kicking off the Prairie Dirt Classic week, and paying $20,000-to-win

    https://worldofoutlaws.com/latemodel...lVpYKo-4MKhHTo
    Nathan Stephens: Hobart (Northwest), Indiana.

    Next race(s): TBA
    2022 Season (9): Eldora (OH) 2, Fairbury (IL) 2, Kankakee (IL) 1, Montpelier (IN) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 2, & South Bend (IN) 1.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    4,490

    Default

    Very interesting. Is this due to million race?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    tn
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Flyboy

    You wouldnít have asked the above question if you had read the release WOO posted.
    HoosierDirtFan posted the link on the post he started!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    737

    Default

    Joliet provides boring racing with NASCAR concession prices, Superior is a nice place, but if racers think Cedar Lake is out of the way they won't drive farther north 2 hours. Late models at Boone was pretty lame, support classes were the show there, way too much track farming there also!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    188

    Default

    boone locked down in the last 50 laps in 2021 and it went to the bottom around the tires follow the leader. boone farms the track better than any track in the usa. most other tracks dont farm near enough. i hope its only a 50 lap race this year
    Twitter@thefasttrackfan
    Youtube@The Fasttrack Fan
    Blogs @ fasttrackfan.wordpress.com
    email me @ thefasttrackfan@rocketmail.com
    Facebook @The Fasttrack Fan
    #Fanof5s

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Eastern Pa
    Posts
    885

    Default

    Orange County has had serious issues with the track surface all year. I was surprised a two day show was scheduled to begin with. The state of New York is not exactly DLM country.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    302

    Default

    I like having the Boone race on July 25th. Just after I-80 and Before Mars race on Tuesday at Davenport.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ftfiowa View Post
    boone locked down in the last 50 laps in 2021 and it went to the bottom around the tires follow the leader. boone farms the track better than any track in the usa. most other tracks dont farm near enough. i hope its only a 50 lap race this year
    I agree with this assessment. Also, the race was very entertaining before it locked down.

    Either run fewer laps or required harder tires.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zooker25 View Post
    I like having the Boone race on July 25th. Just after I-80 and Before Mars race on Tuesday at Davenport.
    Also falls between the Silver Dollar Nationals @ I-80 and the PDC @ Fairbury.

  10. #10

    Default

    the dirt at boone is just plain wore out, need new dirt hauled in

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    World of Outlaws Late Model Series cancel the following events with no reschedule:

    June 4 The Dirt Oval at Route 66 in Joliet, IL
    June 17-18 at Orange County Fair Speedway in Middletown, NY
    July 12 at Gondik Law Speedway in Superior, WI

    The following events have been rescheduled:

    The Hawkeye event at Boone (IA) Speedway is moving to Monday, July 25, kicking off the Prairie Dirt Classic week, and paying $20,000-to-win

    https://worldofoutlaws.com/latemodel...lVpYKo-4MKhHTo
    Not sure if the WoO canceled Gondik Law Speedway, I heard from sources Gondik Law Speedway canceled the WoO. They are still going to River Cities Speedway in Grand Forks, North Dakota and that is close to 4 hours straight west of Superior Wisconsin .

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    This is all about tires. No I did not read the release, eldora is not putting that kind of money out there only to have racers not able to get tires.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,938

    Default

    WOO is not going to have a choice. They are going to have to rethink the series after this season. However, I am not predicting what they wind up doing, but there almost has to be some restructuring of the series.

    BTW I am enjoying the racing. There is no dominate team. Several teams can win at any time.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    8,088

    Default

    Tires are not going to appear out of thin air. The UMP Summernats are going to see some cancellations too.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

    Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    1,514

    Default

    There is ZERO chance the series goes away. They are making a killing on streaming and the stands are still packed. A couple drivers leaving the series isnít going to change everything. Their big races such as PDC, USA Nats, World Finals, and so in will still have plenty of guys.

  16. #16

    Default

    The series has slowly become a joke. If you are a track with a WoO show on schedule what do they bring to the table for you? Come July you could see others drop off (Sorry Hammer and Gordy but you are not getting ROY).

    Brent Larson is 5th points....enough said there!

    Boom better watch out, ole Pumpkin Head is going to take his top 10 points place away by the end of the year.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    The series has slowly become a joke. If you are a track with a WoO show on schedule what do they bring to the table for you? Come July you could see others drop off (Sorry Hammer and Gordy but you are not getting ROY).

    Brent Larson is 5th points....enough said there!

    Boom better watch out, ole Pumpkin Head is going to take his top 10 points place away by the end of the year.
    Why would Hammer and Gordy drop off? They are in the top 10 and that pays. In the past the only reason guys running for ROY quit was because in addition to not winning ROY they had no shot at top 10 in points. These 2 clearly do.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Pennsboro, WV
    Posts
    2,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    Why would Hammer and Gordy drop off? They are in the top 10 and that pays. In the past the only reason guys running for ROY quit was because in addition to not winning ROY they had no shot at top 10 in points. These 2 clearly do.
    Because FUEL. You don't make much money driving 8 hours away every weekend to run 15th. Check at the end might be alright but I'd say it evens out.

    I'm not claiming they will drop off but it wouldn't surprise me either.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Eastern Pa
    Posts
    885

    Default

    "There is ZERO chance the series goes away. They are making a killing on streaming and the stands are still packed. A couple drivers leaving the series isnít going to change everything. Their big races such as PDC, USA Nats, World Finals, and so in will still have plenty of guys."

    Agree 100%...Amazes me how many people on this forum want to see the WoO fail. Let's look at some facts. Both series only have ten or so drivers following the their series this year. Yes LOLMS has a few bigger names, but did lose Davenport and Owens. Last week the WoO drew 32, 41 and 42 cars and what looked like pretty full grandstands while Lucas drew 22 and 23 cars and light crowds. The world needs both series and as fans we should want to see both series succeed. I know I look forward to seeing both when they are in my area.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Powell, TN
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Maybe a few of their drivers will decide to come to Smoky Mountain for the Mountain Moonshine Classic Lucas Oil race on June 17-18. It's $50,000 to win the final night.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2022 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.