Default Eldora Speedway, where is C.J. Rayburn?

Wow, the technology and fragility of these cars was evident last night, they just cant hold up any longer, the aero, shock packages and etc, has made these cars almost unable to race at Eldora at these speeds. Maybe we need to bring back dirt late models that are stronger than dirt! Maybe Donnie needs to wheel out the winning Rayburn car from the previous million. that being said.
    If Eldora is going to be a special events track and not invest the time and labor on a great racing surface, lets be real this has been going on for the last 4 years at least. You have to ask yourself an honest question, Can dirt late models run at that speed at that track? I think the obvious answer is absolutely not. Lets face it, a slower Eldora always provides better racing, when its hammer down 15 second laps, its one continuous grove providing boring racing. I really think a simple fix is to cut the banking 50% - 70%. That will require a lot less track prep, which obviously hasnt happened anyways and we will se much better 2 or 3 wide racing, which Eldora hasnt seen in years.
    Last edited by play4kps; 05-30-2022 at 02:38 PM.

They just put new dirt on it over the winter, plus a very wet spring and they have hardly raced on it, just as every track that put new dirt on, it'll take a little bit to smooth out.

where are you swing arm rusty??????

a good swing arm could have kicked there azzz last night...

it's not the track. it's the 15 seconds laps. get rid of the need for 800-900 hp and get the cars back to the way they were in the 80's and 90's. racing was much better and less expensive then. masterbilt racer and a few other guys have explained how this could be done, but the decision makers are deaf or don't care. i'll guess the second choice. a lot of people complain if the tracks aren't prepped for track record speeds. last night you had it. the announcer said during the heats someone was timed at 14.8. who's going to pass anyone at that speed. last night by the time they came out of turn 2, on the first lap, the race was pretty much over. i live in cincinnati and we've had 9" of rain in may. darke county probably has had about the same amount. that's a lot of moisture in the ground which also doesn't help.

nothing wrong with Eldora.. The greatest track in America. I have said this 100 times maybe 1000. Yes late model cars are too fast. Over night solution... reduce the width of the tires.... so simple that it must be impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by lokwaidid View Post
    it's not the track. it's the 15 seconds laps. get rid of the need for 800-900 hp and get the cars back to the way they were in the 80's and 90's. racing was much better and less expensive then. masterbilt racer and a few other guys have explained how this could be done, but the decision makers are deaf or don't care. i'll guess the second choice. a lot of people complain if the tracks aren't prepped for track record speeds. last night you had it. the announcer said during the heats someone was timed at 14.8. who's going to pass anyone at that speed. last night by the time they came out of turn 2, on the first lap, the race was pretty much over. i live in cincinnati and we've had 9" of rain in may. darke county probably has had about the same amount. that's a lot of moisture in the ground which also doesn't help.
    A literal piece of the track broke Josh Richards’ face, but it’s not the track’s fault?

It’s not the speed, it’s a trash surface that broke apart. They had to know it was crap and probably should have cancelled.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Well you know what Larry Moore said if its too rough there is always asphalt stickler must of liked it from the back to second.

How someone can watch that race last night OR the Castrol Floracing night and blame the cars I have no idea. Yes they are more sophisticated and more aero dependent than ever BUT those two races, the track surface could’ve junked a baja truck.

Yep, thats the way i see it as well!

They've raced this package for many years, they should know when to ditch the bumpstops!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Yep, thats the way i see it as well!

They've raced this package for many years, they should know when to ditch the bumpstops!
    No one is willing to give up half a second to maybe survive. It's just not going to happen.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

The problem is the cars and the track. Any car from 1995 would have bounced a little here and there, but there would have been no bodies ripped off and nobody in the hospital.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Inline Ripper to penetrate through the new and old dirt. Let it dry out. Then Sheepsfoot the Hell out of it.. It has to be able to drain. For the life of Me I don't understand why they put the new dirt on top of a sealed racetrack.. Tony needs to decide if He's gonna run a Racetrack or Have Drag teams,Cup teams or Sprint teams. If it's the latter 3. Sell it .. and hopefully the new owner calls Earls Grandson Chad Schmitmeyer to be in charge of Track Prep. That way we can get back to being Eldora. Earl had a Grader, Sheepsfoot and a Pickup truck for 50 years. And these Clowns continue to screw it up along with the Banking

As long as people defend it and make excuses, nothing will ever change! When you run a part time track and dont maintain the race surface or prep it, you get what you got the last 2 races. amd really crappy racing the last 4 years. Eldora is not raced on enough to get a grip on a quality race surface. Do you realize after the dream weekend Late models will not race at eldora till September? No late models all summer! And they only have 3 weekends of events planned until the Baltes in September. So thats 3 weekends out of 12 with racing on that surface! Tell me how anybody gets a grip on it with that little of racing on it? When Earl owned the track it was prepped constantly, now it gets prepped on raceday. When Earl was still alive Tony monitored everything because he knew Earl was watching him. When Earl died, thats when Eldora started scheduling less and took little to no interest in providing a great racing surface! Do I like putting Eldora down? absolutely not, its my home track, 40 minutes away from it! Its a simple fix, if your not going to prep it, reduce banking, it will provide better racing and less track prep. A fast Eldora sucks as a race fan! Its one boring fast grove. Nobody wants that for a hundred laps, and lets face it, the drivers deserve better. When Eldora is super fast, it doesnt matter how good you are in 10th place, your not passing anybody, all you can hope for is a caution, pass on restart, or cars to start breaking down. Nobody comes to see that.

Should be a great track for the Bloomquist cars

Whatever it was that hit richards in the face, rock or hard clump of clay, that's some crazy chit. Broke a new carbon fiber helmet ? I'd say he was da* lucky it didn't take an eye out. Hopefully he can make it back next week. I wouldn't want to be the guy taking that call from Tony Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Whatever it was that hit richards in the face, rock or hard clump of clay, that's some crazy chit. Broke a new carbon fiber helmet ? I'd say he was da* lucky it didn't take an eye out. Hopefully he can make it back next week. I wouldn't want to be the guy taking that call from Tony Stewart.
    A wet chunk of clay can weigh a considerable amount. 15# at 100 mph has enough force to do severe damage.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    huh? Muddy, rough, baja....

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    To the moon...

I think we should take livewire seriously instead of making excuses and saying this nonsense about people being experts about track prep! Here is a guy who knows and has been part of Eldora when there was a great race surface! The main point people have to remember is by now most tracks would have a handle on it because the may have had 6 to 8 races on it! With Eldora's limited schedule you have no idea what you got, and now you got a million dollar to win race staring you in the face. For the life of me I could never figure out why the locals up there were never fans of Tony owning the speedway! I used to think they were old school, afraid of change! Oh how wrong I was, you dont change what made Eldora a legendary facility! You just build upon it!