Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I did not see where anyone said series is going away. I said it will be restructured. Big difference

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Tires are not going to appear out of thin air. The UMP Summernats are going to see some cancellations too.
    Exactly. Shannon from Hoosier was at our race in Stuart, IA Sunday and gave a very good detailed update on the tire situation.

1. Shut down to 50% capacity during covid, but racecars kept buying tires so it depleted inventory.
    2. When they came out of the shutdown they expected to replenish the inventory but racers kept buying tires at a higher volume than normal.
    3. The main factory somewhere in Indiana can't find workers to run multiple shifts, that particular county only has .6% unemployment so there is literally no one there to hire.
    4. No off season to try to catch up since there are races in the west and south during the winter months.

I know as a racer I am guilty of #2, as I bought as many tires as I could find and still buy any that I come across.

It's just my opinion but Hooiser has to many Late Model Tire options - it should just be the LM20, LM30 and LM40.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    "There is ZERO chance the series goes away. They are making a killing on streaming and the stands are still packed. A couple drivers leaving the series isn’t going to change everything. Their big races such as PDC, USA Nats, World Finals, and so in will still have plenty of guys."

Agree 100%...Amazes me how many people on this forum want to see the WoO fail. Let's look at some facts. Both series only have ten or so drivers following the their series this year. Yes LOLMS has a few bigger names, but did lose Davenport and Owens. Last week the WoO drew 32, 41 and 42 cars and what looked like pretty full grandstands while Lucas drew 22 and 23 cars and light crowds. The world needs both series and as fans we should want to see both series succeed. I know I look forward to seeing both when they are in my area.

IMO more cars showed up because they believe before they left their shop they could beat Max and DErb easier then they could Tmac, Bshepp ect. Sadly top talent drives the smaller racers away.

The top 6 at Port Royal were all "local/regional' racers except the 111v. When has that happened last on a "National touring series"?

I dont want to see it fail, but there is not room for 3 "top" series. End of story!

There's a lot more super late models in PA than there is in Iowa. PA and Illinois are like the two healthiest states for DLM racing.

As someone mentioned earlier, it is an advantage to be able to go to a race and not know who is going to win.

Woo & mainly WRG aren't going anywhere because Woo sprints make a killing! Before a single streaming package is sold!

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    Exactly. Shannon from Hoosier was at our race in Stuart, IA Sunday and gave a very good detailed update on the tire situation.

1. Shut down to 50% capacity during covid, but racecars kept buying tires so it depleted inventory.
    2. When they came out of the shutdown they expected to replenish the inventory but racers kept buying tires at a higher volume than normal.
    3. The main factory somewhere in Indiana can't find workers to run multiple shifts, that particular county only has .6% unemployment so there is literally no one there to hire.
    4. No off season to try to catch up since there are races in the west and south during the winter months.

I know as a racer I am guilty of #2, as I bought as many tires as I could find and still buy any that I come across.

It's just my opinion but Hooiser has to many Late Model Tire options - it should just be the LM20, LM30 and LM40.
    Two words........Thanks Brandon!

Pennsboro, I forget what they get fuel money but 2 day shows they get same money each day. Every 900 miles o put roughly $680 in semi, 120 gallons.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Two words........Thanks Brandon!
    This is not a political problem. Unemployment rates keep dropping, there aren't enough people to handle overall consumer demand.

https://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-...nt-update.aspx

You believe low unemployment rates root cause then I've got some prime property for you. There's still many not working they just aren't statistics because their government benefits wore out. Drugs are huge issues and many heroine & meth heads that used to work before being locked down to self medicate to point they are now. We didn't mysteriously come up with millions more jobs than have people

Some say its the redraw hurting them..... plus 10-12 a gallon racing gas 200.00 plus for tires and high fuel prices...

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    I agree. This should have been fixed several years ago is the thing. There is no reason at all we should have multiple tires that are basically the same with a different stamp on them. I've always thought it was dumb when I was growing up that we had to buy LM tires just to run eldora when nothing was different about the tires we used on a normal weekend, other than they had to have a LM stamp.

I think it's a good idea that they are trying to fix it in 2023. Some local/regional guys are going to have to suffer for a awhile until some used tires start circulating if the local tracks end up mandating that same tire rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    You believe low unemployment rates root cause then I've got some prime property for you. There's still many not working they just aren't statistics because their government benefits wore out. Drugs are huge issues and many heroine & meth heads that used to work before being locked down to self medicate to point they are now. We didn't mysteriously come up with millions more jobs than have people
    Exactly!!! People are not working because the Gov gives them money. Desperately need a change at the top. Giving away free stuff is not a plan for improving the economics of this nation

yes I have said this for years hoosier just needs one tire style a few compounds no crate tires,series tires tires with race tracks name on them and they should come pre grooved no rib tires the ump tire options are pretty good why not just make these tires for everyone...

I know a guy that use to race he hadlittle help plenty of money but had and hard time trying to buy tires at the track and getting them grooved ... hoosier you would help yourselves soo much if you just made the ump checker board pattern tire all four corners....l

Quote Originally Posted by ftfiowa View Post
    boone locked down in the last 50 laps in 2021 and it went to the bottom around the tires follow the leader. boone farms the track better than any track in the usa. most other tracks dont farm near enough. i hope its only a 50 lap race this year
    They must have shorted the track farming for this event.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Honestly, the traveling series need to go to a format where the top 25 finishes count toward the points championship. This way guys can miss races here and there and still be in contention for points. If they don't, the point chasing series in LM are going to die. Running a true outlaw type schedule is now potentially more lucrative for the top 20 teams in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    This is not a political problem. Unemployment rates keep dropping, there aren't enough people to handle overall consumer demand.

https://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-...nt-update.aspx
    Id bet a c-note if a certain Republican president was still president, we wouldnt be in this problem! Fact!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Id bet a c-note if a certain Republican president was still president, we wouldnt be in this problem! Fact!
    Why no takers on this bet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Why no takers on this bet ?
    The 81 million has dramatically shrunk!