Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    You are right about this. I am a war veteran but I own no guns. However I fully support the 2 admendment. The big problem trying to solve this is the left screaming about their non sense to gain political points. SECURE the schools. Start with only one entrance during school hours and a capable qualified guard at the door who has been trained in fire arms.
    Except for the trained guard part I believe all the schools in our region follow the one entrance policy, I picked our grandkids up early from school last week and even at the main and only available entrance I had to be buzzed in…….I can’t imagine the guilt the teacher that propped that door open in Texas must be feeling now.

I’m not opposed to having our military involved in school safety in some type of way….we are fighting a war to save our kids from being shot and until the mental side is addressed I have no problem seeing them protect our schools……far fetched but not really at this point.

Zero and I have batted things around on here for years and I’m 99 % in agreement with him most of the times, I don’t really agree with the stance on not banning certain guns from certain people because some people just aren’t qualified to use them mentally or physically……To own those types of guns I think there should be a minimum training requirement similar to a drivers license or specialty cdl license but for that level of gun ownership.
    We all can drive our cars and trucks because we have a license, only a percentage of us that have gone through the training and have the right license can drive air brakes, haz mat etc………wouldn’t mind seeing this implemented in some way with certain guns for civilians.

Won’t solve or address the mental side of this issue but will weed out the obvious unqualified candidates trying to get one legally…..this kid bought his legally as I understand it, ridiculous that can even happen.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Pennsboro32, I see your point regarding “Prevention“. No argument from me.

Of the 27 mass school shootings (where four or more are killed) so far this year I haven’t a clue how many were killed with a pistol. But I would suspect more pistol deaths than you might think knowing its 27. Oddly enough, we all have heard about the ones with an AR or resemblance rifles. That said, I highly doubt all 27, or anything close to 27, have been with an AR or resemblance rifle. Furthering, out of the 693 mass shootings (four or more killed) in 2021, I would suspect more of those to be with other forms of firearms other than an AR or resemblance rifle. Its not the gun itself, it’s the mad man with gun pulling the trigger.
    Last edited by lurker; 05-28-2022 at 11:53 AM.

Its nice to have a civil conversation about this topic.

Gun Violence Archive - https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

Trained guard is not necessarily Military. I meant trained with the use of weapons. Several men at our Church have that training and we have a guard at every service. They take turns, of course no weapon is exposed. We have two buildings and lock the doors after service starts. Shame things have to be this way.

We also have a bus ministry with the kids and we assure parents of their safety.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Not at all........you threw the first insult!

Youre the typical still hunter......trying to act like your way of hunting takes more skill! Its obvious you have nevr experienced dog hunting before. But carry on with......my bowhunting is far superior to any other methods! lololol
    It really wasn’t an insult, I just find it totally unnecessary. But I understand it’s a southern thing.

Pennsboro, there is nothing wrong with owning an AR-15 for any law abiding citizens. You don't see good people killing anyone. As I said already if you ever get caught up in mobs of angry people you need more than your Joe Biden shotgun, that is absurd of him to keep repeating his BS. It's obvious that if they can start with banning AR's it's not going to stop at that.

Don't blame the guns, it's the evil, angry, mentally ill person controlling them.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Pennsboro, there is nothing wrong with owning an AR-15 for any law abiding citizens. You don't see good people killing anyone. As I said already if you ever get caught up in mobs of angry people you need more than your Joe Biden shotgun, that is absurd of him to keep repeating his BS. It's obvious that if they can start with banning AR's it's not going to stop at that.

Don't blame the guns, it's the evil, angry, mentally ill person controlling them.
    Good people can become bad people.

They’re not going to take our guns. People have been saying that for a hundred years.

Penn nailed it…..

Zero and I have batted things around on here for years and I’m 99 % in agreement with him most of the times, I don’t really agree with the stance on not banning certain guns from certain people because some people just aren’t qualified to use them mentally or physically……To own those types of guns I think there should be a minimum training requirement similar to a drivers license or specialty cdl license but for that level of gun ownership.
    We all can drive our cars and trucks because we have a license, only a percentage of us that have gone through the training and have the right license can drive air brakes, haz mat etc………wouldn’t mind seeing this implemented in some way with certain guns for civilians.

Won’t solve or address the mental side of this issue but will weed out the obvious unqualified candidates trying to get one legally…..this kid bought his legally as I understand it, ridiculous that can even happen.

Perhaps bbq, I shoulda been clearer! I do not support everyone getting whatever gun they choose. If they have a questionable background or mental capacity, then they should be surely vetted before getting one!

My big beef with banning ar15 weapons, is, its one of the least powerful center file rifles available. Its main use is just target practice and some self defense. Hardly, any hunter would use such a small caliber to kill a deer or equivalent game animal!

Far more damage could be done with a 12 guage shotgun........but weak minded murderers soak up too much negative publicity from the liberal news media, thinking ar's are the ultimate killing machine, which theyre not!

Zero nailed it…..

The Ar does get the bad rap …..it’s an identifiable talking point to get the sheepsters baaaing in unison about guns that they themselves know absolutely nothing about other than they look scary and very tactical fully dressed.

Default Zero

Couldn’t quote you , but to bring some levity to a decent respectful response……we all know you are on the right side of this and totally understand the concern about the Pelosi 46 mile principal that would occur if the door ever got cracked open.

But to say these type guns aren’t used for hunting isn’t 100% accurate, they are the gun of choice for the lunatics that hunt our children……….it’s time they are hunted back IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Pennsboro, there is nothing wrong with owning an AR-15 for any law abiding citizens. You don't see good people killing anyone. As I said already if you ever get caught up in mobs of angry people you need more than your Joe Biden shotgun, that is absurd of him to keep repeating his BS. It's obvious that if they can start with banning AR's it's not going to stop at that.Don't blame the guns, it's the evil, angry, mentally ill person controlling them.
    Even if I was a temporary guest in Chicago and it was legal for me to have it there I would want an AR or AK there in what may be the murder capital in the U. S. ! ! I would have one in the bed and another on in under the bed ! !

But to say these type guns aren’t used for hunting isn’t 100% accurate, they are the gun of choice for the lunatics that hunt our children……….it’s time they are hunted back IMO

Fortunately, we the taxpayers wont have to bear the burden of a costly trial and lifetime prisoner support. He was hunted down and shot like a dog, which he deserved!

On those that get caught alive, they should be executed immediately after a short duration for a complete investigation. I prefer the gallows again......oh yeah, make it a public one!

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-m...ground-checks/
    According to this article 77% of "mass shootings" are committed with handguns. And that article also make a few other good points, Imo. One question about this incident that stands out to me, is how was a highschool drop out who had only worked in fast food jobs, able to afford 2 expensive rifles, 375 rounds of ammunition, and body armor? That alone should have totaled somewhere in the neighborhood of $5K. Fast food work must be paying pretty good nowadays. Maybe we need to look at lowering minimum wage so kids like this can't afford to buy these things!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan2k20 View Post
    https://www.nationalreview.com/the-m...ground-checks/
    According to this article 77% of "mass shootings" are committed with handguns. And that article also make a few other good points, Imo. One question about this incident that stands out to me, is how was a highschool drop out who had only worked in fast food jobs, able to afford 2 expensive rifles, 375 rounds of ammunition, and body armor? That alone should have totaled somewhere in the neighborhood of $5K. Fast food work must be paying pretty good nowadays. Maybe we need to look at lowering minimum wage so kids like this can't afford to buy these things!
    Last time I knew a school WAS a gun free zone by law ? More laws will not solve these problems !

They have gun confiscation on their agenda and if they ever get majorities in congress they will take them.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

No…….they won’t.

well , I set here and read some fine arguments as to the relevance of the AR15 , but in my opinion , none of it matters , there is an estimated half million plus of these weapons on the black market , do you really think that if the powers that be were to ban these guns all these black market dealers are just gone walk up and turn them in ? these mentally deranged people will find a way to get what they need and sadly , it will happen again ......