Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where is Overton?

I’m at the Show Me and haven’t seen him yet. Shocked if he isn’t here.
    Darrell Goode

[url]wwww.facebook.com/goodeguitarlessons

Be cool if these guys would update their schedules so their fans would know.

Does he usually run the show me? He might be running with WOO this weekend. I know they canceled because of rain, but they pay 20 tomorrow on a big track like he likes to run

They pay a million dollars to win in 2 weeks, you won’t see him til then if I was guessing

Bingo! Why would he go to a Lucas race so far away with a million on the line?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Bingo! Why would he go to a Lucas race so far away with a million on the line?
    Overtons never attended the Show me to my knowledge and if he had it’s only been a time or two.

all these guys skipping big races thinking they’re guaranteed a million. Going to be a tough look when you don’t win it.

I don't remember him there much either. I mean it really isn't even a big race anymore, just in purchased name only. Most everyone is racing less than a few years ago. I can't fault anyone preparing their best for the biggest race. The fact there will only be one winner, doesn't change the need for preparation, IMO.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

It’s approximately a 1,750-mile round trip from Brandon’s home, to Wheatland, MO and back. He doesn’t race for points. A $50,000 race isn’t what a $50,000 race used to be (I know, that sounds crazy), especially with a million to win race in two weeks, at a track he’s dominated recently. Things have changed in the DLM world and this is another example of it.

50k race isn't what it used to be ? You got me on that one. Month of June has a few races paying top heavy purses, but isn't that what they all do anymore ? You could pay 2500 for last place and I still doubt teams would break even for a 2 day show.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    50k race isn't what it used to be ? You got me on that one. Month of June has a few races paying top heavy purses, but isn't that what they all do anymore ? You could pay 2500 for last place and I still doubt teams would break even for a 2 day show.
    Every weekend but one from now has a 50k to win show from now until at least the Lucas show at Knoxville.

Yes, 50k to win ain’t what it used to be.

Having more 50k races on different schedules means more money spread out to the elite teams, being honest there's not many teams out there that you can call elite teams. The best equipment you can buy ? O no doubt, everyone has to be lucky every once in awhile.

Husker nailed it. Remember when the “big money” start of the DLM season began in August? Those days are long gone. Big money is available from January to December now.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Having more 50k races on different schedules means more money spread out to the elite teams, being honest there's not many teams out there that you can call elite teams. The best equipment you can buy ? O no doubt, everyone has to be lucky every once in awhile.
    All this does is separate the great teams from the good from the bad even further. Sure, a mid tier team may strike gold once in awhile. But for the most part the top teams are getting the money. The Show Me and Knoxville might pay 50k now, but it’s still the same start money so this influx of money didn’t really do anything in our sport.

Maybe just saving equipment and TIRES

Sprint car guys must be shaking their heads at some of these posts.🙄
    8/13/16

Is he racing at Cherokee today?
    Formerly 66#1

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Sprint car guys must be shaking their heads at some of these posts.
    Say what? 🤔
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Sprint car guys have 2 series. 1 pays decent money and are the elite of sprint car racing. The other is thankful they have who they have and are hopeful for locals that show up because they get a chance for a few xtra dollars. Central PA and Knoxville are probably the only 2 area's that have a decent purse structure. The Weikert memorial is today at Port Royal and zero outlaw cars will be there for the money being offered. It is an all star sanctioned race.

One thing with the Woo Sprints not at Port is that their is a points paying show tonight at Lawrenceburg. So with 5.50 and 6.00 diesel making the haul from Atomic to Port Royal to the Burg isn't a smart decision. Then next weekend right now is Friday and Sunday at Fargo and Huset's but with mother nature damaging Huset's who knows what Sunday next week holds.

so 28 start the million this time??

just curious if anybody knows but how many started the original million??