Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 30th Annual Show Me 100 Friday update

62 cars entered so far
    Live at 6:30 central on MAVTVPLUS
    Lucas Oil Speedway
    Wheatland, Missouri

Me and Melissa will be watching from South Georgia. You da man, James.

With the fuel and racing tire situation 62 is awesome.

Did anybody pick Johnnie Scott to win ?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Did anybody pick Johnnie Scott to win ?
    I had him. He's always fast there.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Had anybody thought that Johnnie Scott would pass Davenport for the win ?

James Essex picked him to win in the pre-race coverage on mav.

That was an entertaining race start to finish. I usually skip ahead on the dirt on dirt replays, but didn't on this one. Maybe top 5 race come end of the year?

Boy did the track look "TECHNICAL".....the new word for rough as crap!!!! Still an enjoyable race to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Had anybody thought that Johnnie Scott would pass Davenport for the win ?
    They passed each other several times. JD was better on restarts, but
    JS was better after a few green laps. JS was willing to run through the ruts on the bottom too, while JD stayed up top where it was smooth. Bottom line: this one meant more to JS, than it did for JD.

Great race and good for Johnny Scott. Hope tomorrow is as entertaining

I'm very sorry for Marlar, and I hope that he is able to recover from his injuries.

That was a great race. However,I don't pay the repair or hospital bills.
    Last edited by AllenK; 05-28-2022 at 03:03 PM.
    Formerly 66#1

To be a premier facility, that track sure has alot of inconsistencies more than most!

It rained all day/night on Thursday. The teams were there Friday and i am sure watched all the track prep. They had a choice to race or no- just like any track they go to. The 40 or so drivers that didn’t make the field would probably have lived to raced and finished 2nd like Davenport. His post race interview was sarcastic/complaining about the track. How many r drivers would love to be in his shoes- first class equipment, unlimited funding, and he doesn’t spend a dime of his money racing. He’s getting as bad as TMac in the complaining department. Maybe some of the whiners should talk to Bronson and get his perspective on track conditions now that he’s an owner.
    Yes- it was a little choppy- but that gives it character for us fans- if we want to see a silky smooth track - follow the leader- we could follow NASCAR.
    I think some of these drivers need to take off their panties, but on the big boys underwear- grow a set in the crotch- then get up on the wheel and race like it’s there last event!

Just my 2 cents worth-but I have followed this sport for 60 years and I have never seen so many unappreciative drivers with the deals they have.

Always excellent perspective from foxfire……JD normally isn’t that way though, I chalked those comments up to exhausted and he just got out driven on a cornfield sitting inside of a colosseum.

Super happy for the Scott team, I enjoyed jds comment on Johnny riding bulls etc….after all he was in a longhorn, lmao.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I don't make it over there like I used to but been going over there before it was bought and turned into lucas oil speedway. A lot has changed about the place but the track for the most part is the same as it was 30 years ago.

The track has always been a mixed bag after a rain before the races but most of the time it's pretty good but the rain seems to mess with it. Probably would have helped if it was packed in better before they started hotlapping on it. The first sessions where really slow (18/19 seconds) and showed the track wasn't ready and by the 6th hotlap group they where running qualifying times.

Don’t get me wrong: I am not taking up for Lucas Oil Speedway (or any other track that is really-really rough) it’s hard on esuipment, safety of the drivers certainly come in to play. But Mother Nature throws slot of curve balls to dirt tracks. The perfect scenario just doesn’t always happen. I do (from a fans perspective) like to see a track with a little character and not rubbered up 1 lane. Dirt racing like any sport is entertainment and a Choo-Choo train isn’t entertaining for anyone except the winner.

I pointed out Davenport/TMac but wasn’t singling just those 2 out. They definitely have contributed much to the sport. What I was trying to say is most all top level drivers (unless there is family $$ involved) started at the bottom then thru work/determination gradually got a decent ride by showing their ability.

What bothers me is sometimes they forget where they came from. You can’t always have your cake and eat it too!
    To many times a microphone is put in front of them at not the appropriate time and therefore you don’t always get an appropriate response.
    All I’m saying is a bad track is out there deliberately- crap happens sometimes- take what you have-give it your best and move on. Or, if you don’t like what you see in the track- put it in the box and load up. They do have that choice.
    Just recently we went to the Flo:Castro’s race at Eldora & Brownstown. 61/2 hours to Eldora- motel/gas$$ -food tickets & we upgraded to a suite because of the temperature and we had a few females. Exspensive night for terrible racing/ sucked it up, didn’t bash anyone and went to Brownstown the next night and witnessed excellent racing!
    Poop Happens whether we want it to or not!

Correction: not out there deliberately

Not a fan of this broadcast. Or this format. Come on, Lucas. Ugh.

Anyone else getting a failed certificate so browsers are blocking the ability to go to website? (on a PC) I bypassed the safety on the browser and it auto logged me in under some ramdoms persons account? Lol (lorna something something email)