Default Hey! Let's do track prep after the opening ceremonies!

So the opening ceremonies are a long winded affair, followed immediately by track prep. Everybody rushes from the concessions to get to their seats in the stands, ready to go.......and nothing happens.

Yea, this is a pathetic excuse of programming. 30 minutes of racing has taken hours now. I think I'll go to bed and watch the replay tomorrow.

They lost all that revenue on Thursday, so delay the program and recoup part of the loss. The way the campground was such a mess I figure they didn't make any money there.

Aaron Tippen sure looked like he was having fun. He had soemthing to say to each driver taht went by. What a pro.

Yep- big difference from Lee Greenwood last year!

Well, at least they had a nice smooth racetrack tonight, no bouncing through the ruts like last night. So, maybe the track prep wasn't such a bad idea.

That was a really good race.

Quote Originally Posted by Patansplant View Post
    Yea, this is a pathetic excuse of programming. 30 minutes of racing has taken hours now. I think I'll go to bed and watch the replay tomorrow.
    It was 8 o’clock when you posted this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Aaron Tippen sure looked like he was having fun. He had soemthing to say to each driver taht went by. What a pro.
    That is because, as he said, he grew up going to dirt races - Riverside Speedway in Travelers Rest SC. He grew up in Greer, SC. Great dude that loves racing.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Yep- big difference from Lee Greenwood last year!
    Lee did look rough last year, didn’t seem to be thrilled to be there….Maybe he was under the weather but my wife and I both commented about that when we were watching last year.
    Mr Tippen was having a blast it looked like.

Congrats to fergy.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

When Davenport went up, it looked like Tippen was talking about his shoes. Lee Greenwood looked like death last year, but he still sounded good.

Quote Originally Posted by Patansplant View Post
    Exactly what I did. WOO at Sharon ran an entire show with support class before the Show Me feature hit the track.

Greenwood was either hammered or he was in his bag of goodies, he looked like crap and he wanted outta there.

The opinion I got (and I was there): he felt being at a Dirt race was beneath him.

From someone who’s been around Greenwood a couple of times, he’s a major douche canoe.

For those of us that were there, how about the TV timeouts during the MavTV live broadcast? I guess we have reached "the next level". Sheesh.

That was a great race and track last night! Hated to see Pierce break. But was nice to see some good racing. Fergy time was sweet too.

Great racing good track conditions

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Exactly what I did. WOO at Sharon ran an entire show with support class before the Show Me feature hit the track.
    You realize Sharon is in the eastern time zone. They should’ve been ahead of Wheatland. The A wasn’t gonna start at Wheatland before 9pm central anyway. So yeah Sharon should’ve been done by 10pm eastern, which is in 9pm central.

No s**t there husker dirt.