Default Owens not following Lucas Oil this year?

James Essex mentioned that Owens is still undecided about following the entire tour. No Davenport, Moran, and maybe now Owens? The Lucas tour isn't quite as formidable as it used to be. A sign of the times, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    James Essex mentioned that Owens is still undecided about following the entire tour. No Davenport, Moran, and maybe now Owens? The Lucas tour isn't quite as formidable as it used to be. A sign of the times, I guess.
    All 3 announced during Georgia-Florida speedweeks that they would not be following the series. Jimmy said he would still run alot of their shows, but he was not going to chase the points deal. I think all the rainouts have enabled Jimmy to not miss any Lucas races while still running the shows that would have caused a scheduling conflict with the series.

Jimmy made up some points on Sheppard and Terbo last night as well. Will be an interesting decision on whether he shows up at WVMS this coming weekend.

How many are left on the tour now? 8 or 9?

There is 11

Definitely changing times, when looking at the costs involved in following any series there are teams out there that if they don't have a good set up for a particular track they are rethinking there schedules. The WoO SPRINT CAR teams is about the only series I see where the racers following the tour are pretty much at every event.