Thread: josh richards

Default josh richards

man the guy cant catch a break
    godspeed to you sir, hopefully its not too bad
    said nose, teeth, and possible broken jaw

while he catches some hell from time to time, no one wants to see someone hurt

Looked pretty bad, also sucks he was starting to run a tad bit better.

All those injuries despite wearing a helmet. That must’ve been one helluva hit. Get well soon, Josh.

Is there a video of the accident available online?

There was really no accident. A big ball of mud hit his helmet. There was nothing as far as i can see that they recorded. He just spun side ways but that was because of the mud clunk

Yeah he just spun it to a stop. I don’t think he even made contact with anything. It was odd looking. Not something you typically see. If wife was walking towards the car after Josh had already been put in the safety truck. One of the track workers told her what happened and you could tell by her reaction it was bad.

Josh can’t catch a break lately.

From the teams Facebook page.

Josh Richards Racing
    7m ·
    Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. As many of you know, Josh was injured when a mud clod hit him in the face last night during the opening lap of the Feature at Eldora. He was transported to the hospital and treated and diagnosed with a shattered nose and some broken teeth. We are thankful for the protection his Carbon Fiber helmet gave him. Although it did crack in multiple places under the force, it did it’s job. Most importantly we are thankful for God’s hand of protection. We would appreciate privacy during this time, but we will provide updates later as we learn the extent of his injuries and the expected recovery time.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Similar to Chub Frank at Lowes Motor Speedway in 2009. Sidelined him for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Patansplant View Post
    Similar to Chub Frank at Lowes Motor Speedway in 2009. Sidelined him for the season.
    Didn't Chub at The Dirt Track in 2009 happen in the last race of the season?

You might actually see Chub in the Richards ride if he can’t drive. Just a hunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Patansplant View Post
    I recall that a big old clod packed his eye full and he had been blinded by the ordeal. Evidently hasn't been a permanent thing as I read where he had won a race a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    I recall that a big old clod packed his eye full and he had been blinded by the ordeal. Evidently hasn't been a permanent thing as I read where he had won a race a few weeks ago.
    I don't remember all of that. But I can tell you first hand an impact to the eye can leave you temporarily blind. I was blind for 5 hours after taking a rock to the eye.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    Didn't Chub at The Dirt Track in 2009 happen in the last race of the season?
    Clint Smith, Jeff Cooke, and Tim Fuller were also injured because of the track condition.

Jacob Hawkins got taken out at Eldora probably 6-7 years ago or longer when he was driving the Miller Lite car

Chub Frank is in Josh Richards #1 car at Tri-City Speedway in Illinois tonight for the WOO LMS show.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

I read a story about Billy Moyer getting KOd by a rock and the car spinning into the infield and either bottoming out or getting stuck against something with the throttle wide open.

Any update on Josh?