Default Big Crowds In Grandstands

Is it just me or are the grandstands completely packed at a lot of shows right now ?
    It seems every stream I watch, picture I see, or race I attend is taking place in front of a packed house.

Overall still a reasonably priced form of entertainment compared to stick & ball sports, movies, eating out etc.

I would be curious as to the seating capacity at some of these tracks

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I would be curious as to the seating capacity at some of these tracks
    Last few off the top of my head were the USMTS race this weekend in Decorah, Iowa, Duck River last night, Cherokee last night, Lake Cumberland this weekend, Paducah last weekend. There are many others. Those came to mind quickly. I don't know the seating capacity of any of them.
    It's not every race. I oversold it a little bit. It's a lot of them though.
    Last edited by jr29; 05-30-2022 at 08:04 PM.

The Show me 100 at Wheatland Mo had a packed house. Spectator side and pit side stands. I've been going there for years and have never seen it that full.

Every special event show I’ve been to for as long as I can remember, has been packed, sold out, SRO, etc. They keep adding more bleachers, and the fans keep filling them. This isn’t a recent phenomenon. It’s always been this way. Dirt late model fans want to see dirt late model shows, and we will travel to see them. And I ain’t talkin bout Crates!

I did a quick search for late model racing in the last week on youtube. The first video was Cash Money Late Models (not supers) in Lebanon, Missouri on Sunday night. I couldn't tell if the place was packed, but it was very well attended.
    Lebanon is an hour from Wheatland, same weekend as the Show Me and the crowd was very healthy.

Biggest crowd I've ever seen at atomic was this past Saturday for the outlaw sprint show. People in this area have been waiting on that to happen for over 10 years. I'm almost certain it exceeded the dtwcs that took place there.

Cherokee was packed. Military in free. Only $20 for adults.

Nice to see big crowds. I thought gas prices might hurt attendance. Maybe not just yet.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!