Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Eldora Million, over/under 10 cars to finish

With the track the way it has been for the last two late model races And the first race was cut short because of the track
    What’s the over/ under for cars to finish the million and 100 laps
    I’ll take the under and a few of those will be a lap down

I'll take the over all day long.
    8/13/16

You can bet 100% some teams have or are building cars specifically for the million, I bet many are rushing to beef up parts as we speak as it's evident that the track will likely be rough and a survival game.

If they get the hot windy weather we’ve had in IL and they are smart enough to seal it up ahead of the next rain, it wouldn’t surprise me to see things much better for the Million and the Dream. For as much as what’s on the line, i assume they will turn to the brightest minds in the business to make it right. Heck, it might turn out to be dry, slick, and dusty.

Good thing the OP isn’t a line maker. Over easy.

what gets me is they had no pack trucks trying to beat those corn rows down in the ground its like a whole new theory and mindset is being applied you cant tell me that finger machine would not have cut those ruts down . that dirt has too much clay in it not black enough that looks like some kind of pottery clay...hell a bob cat back dragging would have helped...

They will get it fixed Tony is not going to be happy he may be up there working on it.

I bet they seal it off, let it bake, and it gets black in hotlaps. Then you probably have 17 finish.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I bet they seal it off, let it bake, and it gets black in hotlaps. Then you probably have 17 finish.
    Yep, they'll over compensate.

I think they scape all of the new clay off and it’ll be smooth and super slick for the Million/Dream
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I remember maybe 12 or 15 years ago they put new dirt down and I’m pretty sure opening night that year was a USAC race that turned into such a fiasco they canceled after hot laps. The track wasn’t packed enough to race on. At the Dream that year, T-Mac was fast qualifier and he was the only car under 18 seconds which was slow even then. My point is, this isn’t the first time it’s ever happened and I still think it’s possible they can pull this off. If it turns out dry slick, won’t be the worst thing in the world to slow the cats down a bit as long as the dust is manageable. JMO.

RELAX

Most likely they will figure it out or driver's will have to???

It's the BIG E

I am old but i remember a time when cars would be setup based on the track conditions not the tracks prepped based on how the cars are setup.

Excellent perspective………
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

A lot of cars can't run 100 laps on a good track I can remember when all big races were 100 laps now very few are 100 laps

Im going to say 2/3rd’s of the field finish both the million and the Dream. Think they know by now what they will have to do in order to have the track in good shape come race time.

Just my thought
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

For a million dollars. Most will have a complete new drive line from the rad to the quick change. Sparks from the brakes will be lighting up the night sky. Motors will be set on kill, especially for qualifying. Shocks and springs will be smashed like you've never seen. Tires and there plastic wrap will be plentiful. All for a $, $$$, $$$. For that 1 team to hit on all of the above is scarce unless you have lady luck along for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by bgood14 View Post
    I am old but i remember a time when cars would be setup based on the track conditions not the tracks prepped based on how the cars are setup.
    So do I. But we race max downforce Indy car wanna be stuff now.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

MastersBuilt, your right. I do like the looks of today's slm, but only when there on the gas. That RF sticking 18" up in the air just makes me shake my head. These bodies on the cars today are bent it every possible angle to take every advantage they can on creating downforce and side angles. Why either sanctioning bodies can't get this under control is beyond me. Well I take that back, I no why, there worried about the other group back stabbing them and losing teams to the other side. It's what we got, the racing is good, but I think with some simple body rules the racing could be better. Anytime this subject is brought up I think of Francis making his call out to everyone that there will be change. I'm still waiting Steve, you've gone down that corporate hole and the light went off.

Depends on if Eldora gets the new track surface figured out and how good/bad mother nature cooperates. I will say that I think more will finish the Dream then the Million. Figured guys will be more aggressive and harder on their equipment chasing that million.