Ryan Timms Wins in Weekend Midget and 410 c.i. Sprint Car Action
Prepares for Western Pennsylvania Speedweek Swing

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. (05/31/22) – Ryan Timms enjoyed a banner holiday weekend of racing in both Midget and Winged Sprint Car competition.

He first visited Victory Lane on Saturday night with the Lucas Oil POWRi National Midgets at Lake Ozark (Mo.) Speedway in the Keith Kunz Motorsports / Eibach Springs No. 71k Toyota.

He then took his CitGard Engine Oil / driveWFX.com No. 5T Hampel Oil / Western Flyer Xpress / Eagle Chassis/ Rider Racing Engine Sprint Car to the Winner’s Circle in thrilling fashion on Sunday night with the Northern Outlaw Sprint Association (NOSA) Sprint Cars at Huset’s Speedway with a last-lap pass for the win.

“We spent half of the weekend dodging the rain, and I’m definitely thankful no one was injured when the storms came through Husets (Speedway) late Sunday night. However, when we did get to race, we made the most of the opportunities,” Timms said. “I’m always appreciative to get to drive the KKM Midget, so it’s especially cool to win one for that team.

“Then on Sunday night at Husets I decided to give it my best shot on Kerry (Madsen) on the last lap. When I saw the white (flag) I was getting kind of worried, but I just threw it in as hard as I could and it stuck. I can't believe that happened. I didn't know I won until I went across the scales. It's pretty awesome to beat someone like him who has a million laps around this place."

After losing Friday’s opener at Lake Ozark Speedway (Eldon, Mo.) to Mother Nature, Ryan Timms entered his 360 c.i. Sprint Car and the Keith Kunz Motorsports No. 71K Midget into battle on Saturday.

In a field of 17 Lucas Oil POWRi National Midgets, Timms secured his spot into the A-Main with a heat race victory. After taking part in a heated battle with Cannon McIntosh, Ryan survived a late-race caution to capture his third win of the season and second career Lucas Oil POWRi National Midget League victory.

He finished ahead of Jacob Denney, Taylor Reimer, Bryant Wiedeman, and Chase McDermand.

Following a third-place finish in his heat with the Lucas Oil ASCS, Timms charged from the 11th-starting position in the feature to register a fifth-place finish. He followed Dylan Westbrook, Matt Covington, Wayne Johnson, and Blake Hahn across the line.
Competing with the Casey’s 410 Outlaw Sprint Cars on Sunday at Huset’s Speedway (Brandon, S.D.), Ryan clocked in fifth-fastest in time trials before placing fourth in his heat.

Starting the feature in second, Timms pulled off a slider in the final corner on the last-lap to secure his second win in as many nights and fourth of the season.

He finished a mere .004 seconds ahead of Kerry Madson with Brooke Tatnell, Thomas Kennedy, and Austin McCarl rounding out the Top-5 finishers.

An overnight storm that damaged the facility forced officials to cancel Monday’s event at Huset’s Speedway.

Full results from the weekend are available at www.POWRi.com, www.ASCSracing.com, and www.HusetsSpeedway.com .

Timms now turns his attention to a four-race swing in his 410 c.i. Winged Sprint Car in the Western Pennsylvania Speedweek. Action is tentatively scheduled to open on Wednesday at Michael’s Mercer (Pa.) Raceway with a $3,000-to-win program. Currently the team plans to be idle on Thursday before returning to competition on Friday with another $3,000-to-win affair at Lernerville Speedway (Sarver, Pa.). Action shifts to Ohio’s Sharon Speedway on Saturday with a $3,000 top prize on the line before seeing things draw to a close on Sunday evening at Tri-City Raceway Park (Franklin, Pa.) with a $3,000-to-win finale.

For more information on the events, please visit www.WesternPaSpeedweek.com .

Ryan Timms Racing would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include CitGard, CITGO, Mystik Lubricants, Hampel Oil, Western Flyer Xpress, driveWFX.com, Xpress Truck Sales, Rider Racing Engines, Griffin Fishing Charters and Lodge, Premier Truck Group, Impact Racing, Factory Kahne by Schure Built, 947-Eyes, Bell Helmets, KR Performance Fuels LLC, Outlaw Wings, AFD Graphix, Inefte Sports, and MyRacePass Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Ryan Timms Racing please visit the team website at www.RyanTimmsRacing.com as well as the team’s social media channels at www.facebook.com/RyanTimmsRacing/, www.instagram.com/ryantimms_5t/ and twitter.com/RyanTimms_5T .

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)