Default Castrol Flo night at Tri City

with the nascar teams coming to the st louis area, do you think and truck or cup guys will be there?

Quote Originally Posted by larsonwon View Post
    with the nascar teams coming to the st louis area, do you think and truck or cup guys will be there?
    Probably in the pits walking around, sure.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by larsonwon View Post
    Sure they will. Who doesn't want to hang out with REAL race drivers. Better yet, buy a ticket like the rest of us.

I would love to be there but unfortunately I will be stuck at work but will tune in on flo.

Nice 3 day swing at the Gundakers.
    8/13/16

I do see a certain retired Hall of Famer will be there. And yes i do believe several Nascar drivers are racing.

Mother nature wins....cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Mother nature wins....cancelled.
    Kyle Bronson put on the highway miles. Show me 100 to Eldora, Eldora to Rocket Chassis, Rocket chassis to Tri City to get rained out the first night.

Late models have been added to the Thursday show for $5,000 to win and will run the first feature.

Quote Originally Posted by PushinDad View Post
    Late models have been added to the Thursday show for $5,000 to win and will run the first feature.
    And if anyone wasn't already aware, tonight's Midget show was planned on FLO, so we have a streaming show to look forward to tonight.

Thought I'd save money on hotel and wait until Friday to head down for tonight and Saturday. Watched on Flo. That was the worst broadcast I've seen yet. Audio was horrible with cracking and popping along with a Cub/Card game in the background. Announcer and camera man were at separate events. Run commercials during the race, then go back live during a caution. Announcer might know midgets but was clueless about late models. Overall, like watching a amateur b movie. Finally turned the volume off. Maybe they need to forget about the Motor City Madman when the cars are on track and put a little effort into the broadcast end of the program. Sorry, I'm a rocker but I don't need it during a race.
    8/13/16

I think Chet does a good job. He was announcer for the Southern Nationals last year.

I am going to defend Chet as well. He is one of the most versatile announcers in the entire country. He readily admitted, on air, that something he did caused the baseball game game interference. You can usually put Chet in the middle of an obscure track in the middle of no where, and he is prepared with drivers information, facts and other wacky tidbits. Hey stuff occasionally happens on streaming races.

I listened to Chet a good bit last year and in person at WVMS. He’s one of the better announcers in the country.

Apparently I wasn't paying close enough attention. I don't remember commercials during the races.

Quote Originally Posted by IL LM Fan View Post
    Apparently I wasn't paying close enough attention. I don't remember commercials during the races.
    I think they only ran when the smaller cars where running on the smaller track. No big deal to me.

Chet is wayyyyy better than the other 2 guys that do the Castrol LM shows.

More Chet please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Chet is wayyyyy better than the other 2 guys that do the Castrol LM shows.

More Chet please!!!
    I can handle Chet.
    I think about 75% of the announcers I hear are borderline unlistenable.

Sorry if it seems like I'm bashing the announcer. Something I couldn't do and meant no disrespect. Referring more to the overall platform of the event. They're definitely not hurting in the advertising department. Did anyone else notice the.popping and static during the event?
    8/13/16

I wonder how he ascertained so quickly that something broke on the 6. Larson was running inches from the wall past the flag stand and could have made a small error that put him in the wall.