Tyler Stevens Notches Pair of CCSDS Runner-Up Finishes
Extends Lead in Midwest Sheet Metal CCSDS Rookie Standings

SEARCY, Ark. (06/06/22) – Weekend COMP Cams Super Dirt Series action found Tyler Stevens enjoying a successful debut of his brand-new W&W Timber / James A. Rogers Excavating No. 2 Stallion Transportation Group / MB Customs / Mod Co Racing Engine Super Late Model.

In two events, Stevens recorded runner-up finishes to go along with a fast time award and a pole award.

“I was really impressed at just how good of a piece that this new MB Customs Race Car is. A pair of seconds for the weekend against these guys is absolutely nothing to hang our heads over,” Stevens said. “I’ve got to make some tweaks in our tire program. We just can’t get going on short runs. Takes us 8-10 laps to get rolling. Other than that, I couldn’t ask for a better car. As always Joshua Ivey busted his tail all weekend, and I couldn’t have done it without him! We’ll take this coming weekend off and we will be ready for the Mag!”

Tyler Stevens returned to action for the first time in over a month on Friday night with a trip to Batesville Motor Speedway (Locust Grove, Ark.) for the $5,000-to-win COMP Cams Super Dirt Series (CCSDS) Super Late Model Hillbilly event.

Tyler hit the ground running with his brand-new MB Customs Race Car. He set fast time over the 31 entries in Mark Martin Automotive Qualifying, and then raced to a victory in his heat race to lock into the second-starting spot for the feature.

Stevens pursued fellow-front-row starter Brian Rickman for the duration of the event before crossing the finish line in second behind Rickman with Kyle Beard, B.J. Robinson, and Billy Moyer Jr. completing the Top-5 finishers.

Weekend action continued on Saturday night for TLP MOtorsports as the team traveled south to I-30 Speedway (Little Rock, Ark.) for the $5,000-to-win Rockabilly 45. Twenty-seven Super Late Models entered the program, and Tyler's night began by setting the fourth-fastest time in qualifying, followed by a heat race win.

With his heat race win he locked into the pole position for the 45-lap feature. Racing in the Top 3 throughout the finale, Stevens crossed the finish line in the second spot for his second runner-up finish in as many nights.

Tyler continues to lead the latest Midwest Sheet Metal Rookie of the Year standings with the tour and is fifth in the overall series standings.

Full results and complete standings are available at www.COMPdirt.com.

Stevens will be idle this weekend before returning to action on June 17-18 at Magnolia Motor Speedway (Columbus, Miss.) with the 2022 edition of the Clash at The Mag. The COMP Cams Super Dirt Series weekend opens with a $5,000-to-win program on Friday, June 17 followed by a $12,000-to-win slate on Saturday, June 18.

For more information on the weekend, please visit www.MagnoliaDirt.com .

TLP Motorsports would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include Stallion Transportation Group, W&W Timber, Bilstein Shocks, James A. Rogers Excavating, Mod Co Racing Engines, Razor Edge Graphics, Swift Springs, TruForm Race Products, Performance Friction Brakes, KR Performance Fuels LLC, MB Customs Race Cars, Joe’s Racing Products, Shell Shock, The Joie of Seating, Velocita USA, and MyRacePass Marketing Services.

For the latest information on TLP Motorsports and Tyler Stevens, please visit www.TylerStevensRacing.com .

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)