View Poll Results: Who Wins The Million?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scott Bloomquist

8 10.81%
  • Dale McDowell

2 2.70%
  • Chris Ferguson

3 4.05%
  • Brandon Overton

8 10.81%
  • Jonathan Davenport

19 25.68%
  • Tim McCreadie

2 2.70%
  • Brandon Sheppard

1 1.35%
  • Chris Madden

8 10.81%
  • Bobby Pierce

7 9.46%
  • Someone Else

16 21.62%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Eldora is one of my favorite tracks, but the cornfield it has been, dont think it will be fixed by this week, I aint bothering just to see 5 racers finish a 100 laps, and all them need chiropractic care after............or worse.........what till October, fix the track right first.......then lets race!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Marlar

EPJ, Devin Moran, Zac Dohm, Shannon Baab, Brian Shirley, Tyler Erb, Jimmy Owens, Dennis Erb, Ryan Gustin, Lanigan and dont forget Moyer! These guys all got a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Proof how mentally challenged some members are
    Of course the Zero cars have had a few moments in the sun lately ...

Madden is the clear favorite. He has won most of the races he has entered this year. JD has a good shot as well as Big Sexy. Too many laps for Bloomer unfortunately. Moran has a great shot. He is getting better as of late.

im goin with !57 mikey marlar

Epj, Bloomer........but my wallet would say Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Barrel View Post
    Stephen Breeding

Steven and his brother even races still? Last I heard they were promoting a race track either Willard or 201 Speedway in Kentucky.

Would be cool if one or both showed up.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Steven and his brother even races still? Last I heard they were promoting a race track either Willard or 201 Speedway in Kentucky.

Would be cool if one or both showed up.
    Stephen still races some here and there. His brother Jarrod owns 201, which is supposed to be opening up again. Jarrod doesn't race anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Madden is the clear favorite. He has won most of the races he has entered this year. JD has a good shot as well as Big Sexy. Too many laps for Bloomer unfortunately. Moran has a great shot. He is getting better as of late.
    madden is good there but hes not better than jd or overton there. it may be his year finally but i dont see it

Thanks for your input, guys. It's pretty much what I expected. I wanted to put Dennis Erb, Devin, Owens and Marlar on the list. I find it interesting how the poll compares to the so called experts.

I'll be rooting for JD, but I voted for Overton. I'd love to see Bloomer or Dale McDowell win though. I'd really like it to be one of the older guys though. The kids will have their turn some other time. The guys in their 40s and 50s probably won't get another chance. I do think the winner will be driving a Longhorn or a Bloomquist car though, but that's why they run the races. I can wait.

If it’s smooth Fergy had that car on a rail at the show me.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

As long as Mother Nature doesn’t win, I don’t care.
    Darrell Goode

[url]wwww.facebook.com/goodeguitarlessons

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    madden is good there but hes not better than jd or overton there. it may be his year finally but i dont see it
    I hear you but I have gone to three different races this year not even thinking about the 44 car and sure enough he stalks down the leader in the closing laps and wins. I learned my lesson. If the 44 shows up he has a great chance to win. I’m impressed with him and his team.

Fergy does have a shot. Luke Bryan has been good this year.

I chose other: 8 Kyle Strickler will break his eldora jinx, karma will right itself and the 8 gets redemption in the feel-good story of the year.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

The problem is you have to look at 100 laps vs 40 or 50. It is going to be tough to beat JD or Overton if they make the show and start somewhere in the first six rows. AS I have said, I would like to see someone else win it. Ferguson, Madden are certainly interesting choices. I would throw in Hudson Oneal believe it or not if he makes the show and gets a good starting spot.

Bottom line though is who is going to run the race with the patience needed to be strong the last 20 laps, that is going to also be a big test

Who I would really like to see win it I will keep to myself. Nobody cares who I am pulling for, nor should they LOL. I have been around this sport since my grandfather built Glen Este speedway in 1949, and while I was a toddler then, I can say I pretty much seen it all, at least in the midwest

Tire preservation is key. TS fan is right.

They are removing the new dirt so. . . shrugs

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    They are removing the new dirt so. . . shrugs
    They can do that in a day or two?