Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Reports on Twitter that they’re removing the new dirt?

Any truth to this?

I saw the pics. I’m thinking rumor is true.

I too have saw pictures and videos going around on Facebook.

Today?? On the eve of the race? After they supposedly did all this work to get it ready?

Wonder if this whole fiasco has anything to do with Roger Slack vacating the premises?

Too bad for all affected! Hoping for a good resolution to a bad situation.

It's legit. I hope it works.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

So they are hauling out clay and bringing in clay and they race tomorrow night?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    Hopefully just hauling out. Not sure.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I was there and they are Hauling the dirt out and not adding anything and running the sheeps foot over the track. Looks like the dirt down below is dry. Also had already removed the dirt in 1 and 2 and had just started 3 and 4 at about 3:30p.m. the dirt was pushed to the center of the turns about 4 feet high and the bull dozer was scraping more off.

Thanks for the in person report. I’m dismayed that DoD is not keeping us informed regarding this news. I want to read the dirt on the dirt, it’s time to live up to your name, fellas!

It’s obvious that TS is aware of the consequences if this week of racing turns into a fiasco. I always think back to the year that they had the tire issues at the Brickyard 400. That race never has recovered from that. You could even draw comparisons with the F1 race at Indy. My point is, no matter how grand your track is, once you’ve soured enough fans, the event (all DLM events at Eldora) won’t ever have the big crowds and the luster that it did before. Don’t think it can’t happen.

I guess they should have planted grass on it 😜

Well folks that link may not work now. No sooner than I had posted it in here and went back to YouTube, it refreshed and said it had been removed. Nonetheless it was a video from an hour ago of them removing the new clay and trucking it out.

JohnE they want to keep things positive for this event. Can't say as I blame them. I'm sure Tony has called upon the best in the business to help out here. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those calls was to Bob Sargant

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    With the weather there tomorrow I don’t see that happening……hope I’m wrong.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I’d be glad to hear some positively presented updates on how this is the best way forward. A news blackout makes me think the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by squaredup12 View Post
    Well folks that link may not work now. No sooner than I had posted it in here and went back to YouTube, it refreshed and said it had been removed. Nonetheless it was a video from an hour ago of them removing the new clay and trucking it out.
    Wow. That's weird.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Not to be too technical….but the molecular structure of clay is extremely small…think of it as a BB co pared to say a golf ball….or I’m sure you remember the COVID argument and masks…same thing…anyway…it takes YEARS for a clay track to work the clay Molecules together and bind. Mother Nature, and digging it up and laying it down , over and over. After many years and times of this…the clay molecules will become tighter, and thus less ruts and such. Tony can bring in the national guard…and all it’s equipment, it wont matter. You can’t buy time. If indeed they are removing the new dirt…you have a better chance of happy race fans. Will be watching to see. 👍