Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Not too late to postpone

Wouldn’t be eldora without drama…..the racing will probably be great when they finally get to pull it off.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

If they get all the new off, it should be ok. Will likely be hard and slick and a little rocky, but it should be ok.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I'm not talking corn field rough, but a track with a little character usually makes for some good racing.
    Not a fan of the skating rink but that's probably what yer gonna get.
    8/13/16

Just left the track and they are done taking up the new dirt- regular track equipment working it now.

Well that happened quick. Man I do hope Flo/DoD puts something together on this.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    So they are hauling out clay and bringing in clay and they race tomorrow night?

Just hauling out the new clay they put down last year.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I'm not talking corn field rough, but a track with a little character usually makes for some good racing.
    Not a fan of the skating rink but that's probably what yer gonna get.
    I agree, I would rather the track have some character especially since the cars are becoming so aero dependent instead of a skating rink.

LOL. Being in the excavation business for more years than I care to remember. As you scrape off layers of soil you remove as much topsoil as possible until the surface is dry. That topsoil makes you the money, it's gold. Let's talk about clay. Most clay is dry, that is not what you want for a dirt track, when I say dry it doesn't matter how much water you put on it because when the drYing process starts it just crumbles and becomes dust. Good clay is the stuff you get down to and it holds water. Dig a hole and hit wet clay, walk away for 15 mins and when you come back you'll have a hole filling with water. Do I know the issues, NO. Some people want to think it's simple. A perfect example of wet clay is east bay down in florida. Has anyone been there when someone backs it in and the clay looks like a ribbon being tossed in the air ? Tomorrow will be interesting, to much water and the tracks going to be slimy. Be interesting to see where Tony will be.

I'm with Highside Hustler25 and kidrock.

Just see a pictures on Facebook a friend just posted a few minutes ago of the track and it looks to be in pretty good shape considering what took place today removing the new dirt they laid down in the fall.

Here are the two pictures.

Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Scratched around with a Chisel all Weekend and Yesterday. Again all they needed was a in-line Ripper like I said last week.. Case IH already sponsors the track so I know they can get there hands on one. Preferably from Hull Brother's in Fort Recovery. But Here we are.. What a Clown show. It'll either be a washboard or slicker than a moles rear.. On top of that less banking because nobody there can halfway run the Grader like Earl or Chad did . I wish Earl was around to see this mess..

Hope its slicker than goose crap on a doorknob..........then the real drivers will show out!

Looks like there ready for Harness racing at the Fairgrounds..Flat track style

Livewire you should send Smoke your resume.

I agree.. Maybe we can get back to being Eldora.. worked for Earl many years.. And know Rob that's in charge of the track very well. He knows how it should be done but his hands are tied. Have a good day. And continue to praise The Bafoon You call Smoke

Actually I’ve never cared much for Smoke. His NASCAR persona turned me off. However, I respect what he has done at Eldora. Has it always been perfect? No. Jesus Christ does not own or promote any racetracks so we have to live with people like Smoke and his crew.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Hope its slicker than goose crap on a doorknob..........then the real drivers will show out!
    And the racing will be a LOT better than a high-speed, freight-train race that a heavy track would give you.

Jed," what has He done? Plant some grass,Put up some Suite's,Killed the Local Crowd and Racing. Took the U shaped banking out of the track? He needs to either run Race teams or The Racetrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire95 View Post
    Jed," what has He done? Plant some grass,Put up some Suite's,Killed the Local Crowd and Racing. Took the U shaped banking out of the track? He needs to either run Race teams or The Racetrack.
    The (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) houses are a lot nicer than they were back in the day. Other than that, I can kind of agree with you on the rest.