Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Donnie is still in the top 5 if you ask me, even though guys like JD and Jimmy Owens are knocking on that door more and more every year

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I wasn't banking on him at all. It had been years since he did anything in a world or Dream. I had watched him run like crap everywhere the last couple of years, at that point.

Next you are going to tell me you called Bart Hartman's win.

It's easy to look back now and say he was a favorite because of all the success he had there. The fact is, recent history means more than old history and smart money would not have been on him.
    Donnie’s great years in DLM racing happened when his brother-in-law(J.C.) was his crew chief. Donnie touched on this when interviewed about the Eldora Million win that he had hired J.C and his sister back for that one single race for a percentage of the winnings. I heard that it was a lot more than Donnie’s response of 1.5% each if they were to win. J.C. had a lot to do with the success in Donnie’s career.

^^^ I think he said that he paid them 30k for the 2 weeks that they helped on the car. Even in today's world that is pretty good money for 2 weeks worth of work.