Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: million winner

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Probably enough to buy a steer or two for the ranch.

No clue what his deal is, but 25-30% used to be a good guess.
    I quoted the wrong post….sorry weather.

One of the most notable thing is neither Bloomqusit or Overton made the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan25 View Post
    I'm curious for those of you that are in the loop about driver contracts and such...after taxes and Lance Landers gets his cut (& possibly crew bonuses), how much will Davenport actually see of the 1,002,022? Did Donnie Moran own his own team and equipment when he won it? If he did, that would be a big (at least to me) difference in the financial windfalls to both drivers.
    They actually asked Randy Weaver about this during the broadcast. He stated your top of the line drivers usually get around 40%. 2021 tax brackets put a tax of 37% on anything over $523,600.

That means Uncle Sam would get $370,748.14, leaving $631,273.86.

40% of that would leave JD $252,509.544. Of course, his team owner is giving him that as an income so this would also get taxed as part of his overall income. Using 40% as an example of course. I think most crew are paid a flat yearly salary but some may get bonuses. Others would have to weigh in on that.

I think Donnie was an Owner/driver at the time so he would have gotten to keep most after Uncle Sam got his cut.
    Last edited by weatherman85; 06-10-2022 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    They actually asked Randy Weaver about this during the broadcast. He stated your top of the line drivers usually get around 40%. 2021 tax brackets put a tax of 37% on anything over $523,600.

That means Uncle Sam would get $370,748.14, leaving $631,273.86.

40% of that would leave JD $252,509.544. Of course, his team owner is giving him that as an income so this would also get taxed as part of his overall income. Using 40% as an example of course. I think most crew are paid a flat yearly salary but some may get bonuses. Others would have to weigh in on that.

I think Donnie was an Owner/driver at the time so he would have gotten to keep most after Uncle Sam got his cut.
    Every piece of equipment they have should be deductible. They aren't paying anywhere close to 370k in taxes.

That is correct on the taxes. They will pay very little tax. JD will pay tax on his portion but will have a whole bunch of deductions too.

49 class of the field. Overton drew a lousy qualifying number and never recouped IMO. Not that i was pulling for him or the 49. He will probably be back in the mix for the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    One of the most notable thing is neither Bloomqusit or Overton made the show.
    Not all that shocked about Bloomer, but Overton? That is another story. They both should be more competitive this weekend, but Bloomer is not really a threat to win IMO. Those days are past

Whoever gets the 1099 should have massive expenses already accumulated for this tax year and will have other income as well. Numerous deductions will be taken including depreciation and loss, mileage, salaries and bonuses and more. Only their accountant knows for sure. JD’s deal will not be publicly disclosed but 40% of gross winnings for the season would be the high end of my guesstimate.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Not all that shocked about Bloomer, but Overton? That is another story. They both should be more competitive this weekend, but Bloomer is not really a threat to win IMO. Those days are past
    I understand for the most part about Bloomer but, he has been running better at times this year so, just thought he would be able to get in the show but, yes Overton I was surprised he didn't make the show.

I still think Bloomer can win and will win a couple of races this year but, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    Every piece of equipment they have should be deductible. They aren't paying anywhere close to 370k in taxes.
    Very true. Didn't take deductions into account.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    T-MAC was running in 2nd and giving Davenport a decent run for his money. Chased him down from around a 3 second lead. T-Mac then started to fade as his right rear tire went. The reason he was still 4th is because there were only 5 cars on the lead lap. He pitted under caution, changed his tire, and was still able to pick up one spot in the last few laps.
    Ok thanks weather man

I understand for the most part about Bloomer but, he has been running better at times this year so, just thought he would be able to get in the show but, yes Overton I was surprised he didn't make the show.

I still think Bloomer can win and will win a couple of races this year but, time will tell.
    I didn't mean Bloomer could not win anywhere. I am just saying the big events at Eldora. My guess is he will make the Sat show and for sure Overton.

I understand for the most part about Bloomer but, he has been running better at times this year so, just thought he would be able to get in the show but, yes Overton I was surprised he didn't make the show. I still think Bloomer can win and will win a couple of races this year but, time will tell.
    Bloomer was solid last night until he blew a driveshaft

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Bloomer was solid last night until he blew a driveshaft
    And the whole lining up for the wrong heat thing, or whatever it was

Quote Originally Posted by seminole939913 View Post
    They said during the pre race interview with Donnie Moran that 21 years ago, to the day, he was pulling into victory lane after winning the original million. Could it have been because it was the anniversary as to why they ran it Thursday? Just a thought.
    No. It’s because of PPV and PPV only. Thursdays always have high ratings as far as tv sporting events. Saturday nights, people are doing other things, including going to their local track etc.

Bloomer is his own worst enemy. He showed up late Wednesday. What would have happened had it not rained out? And then late for his heat race on Thursday afternoon, if it wasn’t for Eldora being generous and giving bloomer an extra pace lap, he wouldn’t have made it out for the heat either. The dude just loves controversy.

I have been watching Bloomer's act since 1988. I am not a fan. Sometimes I wonder if he has a mental block when it comes to following the rules. Most of what he has done is simple minded. He may love controversy, but acting up like he did for this past event (1,000,000) to win tells me he has mental block.

No excuse whatsoever for this nonsense.

I have been watching Bloomer's act since 1988. I am not a fan. Sometimes I wonder if he has a mental block when it comes to following the rules. Most of what he has done is simple minded. He may love controversy, but acting up like he did for this past event (1,000,000) to win tells me he has mental block.

No excuse whatsoever for this nonsense.
    It’s quite embarrassing. From multiple Twitter reports, he didn’t even have his tires ready on Wednesday night. He had to groove them all night. He’s known about this race for how long?

Not a FAN of JD. But Congrats!!! Where did Moyer finish? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan25 View Post
    I'm curious for those of you that are in the loop about driver contracts and such...after taxes and Lance Landers gets his cut (& possibly crew bonuses), how much will Davenport actually see of the 1,002,022? Did Donnie Moran own his own team and equipment when he won it? If he did, that would be a big (at least to me) difference in the financial windfalls to both drivers.
    I don't know about all of the equipment. But i do know CJ Rayburn owned the car.

I didn't mean Bloomer could not win anywhere. I am just saying the big events at Eldora. My guess is he will make the Sat show and for sure Overton.
    Yeah I didn't take it that way. I was just saying I think Bloomer will win a couple of races. He looked pretty good in the heat race tonight once he got out into some clean air.